DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Cool Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got my HR-20 today, finally! So far, so good, although it took the installer about 6 tries to get the local channels to even show up on the guide. Had to do a soft reboot over and over. PITA!

Anyway, I was playing around with programming the remote, and have gotten it to work with my TV (a 4 yr old NEC plasma). It turns the display on and off and even works with the TV's volume & mute. However, I don't use the displays sound. I run sound through an B&K AVR 307, but B&K isn't listed in the "stereo" section of the remote programming. I don't really care about any function for controlling the B&K other than volume & mute. Does anyone know the proper codes for this?

BTW, it appears that the TV volume works when the selector switch is set for the HR20. Supposing that I get the correct code to make the remote work the B&K volume, can I fool it into working without changing the component switch to AV1 by manually programming the TV function to the B&K code? OR, if I get the right B&K code will it control volume with the switch set to DVR? Hope that's clear.

TIA

David

·
Cool Member
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Edmund, I also had those codes. Tried 'em, but no go. Then I cycled through the whole manual method and nothing worked. So, looks like D* forgot about B&K when they made the HR20. Bummer. Can't understand why they'd support it with the HR10 remote, but not the HR20.
Thanks Sportsfan, I know about remotecentral and they didn't have anything.

David

·
Registered
5,747 Posts
Greenflag said:
Edmund, I also had those codes. Tried 'em, but no go. Then I cycled through the whole manual method and nothing worked. So, looks like D* forgot about B&K when they made the HR20. Bummer. Can't understand why they'd support it with the HR10 remote, but not the HR20.
Thanks Sportsfan, I know about remotecentral and they didn't have anything.

David
Your welcome, sorry I couldn't have been much help. Not to put pressure on Edmund:) , but he's the remote guru. I've seen his posts several times over at TCF with all kinds of info on codes. Maybe he'll have some more ideas.

Good Luck.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.