DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want the D* remote in the DirecTV mode to control the amplifier volume in my Onkyo Integra DTR-7.1 receiver. I don't want to have to move switches. In other words, I want to change the default behavior. What is the code and what is the procedure to enter it into the remote?

I've done thread searches, but just haven't come up with what I need.

TIA

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Aha! I found a back door.

I went into the setup for the remote on AV1 and saw a reference to using SELECT to apply the code to all switch positions (last phrase).

So I first programmed the Onkyo into AV1 (first step, using the first listed code of two possible). Then I followed the 2nd step for Volume/Mute using code 993, AND the Select button, and it now works as I want:

Default DirecTV mode volume now controls the Onkyo receiver and Channel up/down controls the HR20. Just what I needed.

·
Remote Master
1,818 Posts
Another step that has to be done before the VOL keys will work, there needs to be a TV code programmed to the TV device, your brand or any.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Edmund said:
Another step that has to be done before the VOL keys will work, there needs to be a TV code programmed to the TV device, your brand or any.
Thanks Edmund...I already had that and failed to notice/mention it.

I actually use my Harmony 628 remote for it most of the time (works great!), but when I need the colored buttons convenient, the original remote works better.

BTW, I'm using an RC23 remote, not a 24 (the original that came with the HR20). I found one opened and returned at BB for 11 bucks, so I bought it and it works perfectly with the HR20.

I now have the 23, 24 and Harmony 628. I do intend to get the 24 backlight job when I find time to order it....can't beat a backlight!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.