DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a Vizio large HDTV and also Vizio soundbar. Now all of a sudedn when I turn on TV with DTV remote sound bar does not turn. I have tried several times to reprogram the controller worked once to control volume but when I turne doff next time sound bar did not work. Now can't get controller to connect with SB at all.

On second TV when I turn system on TV doesn;t come on unless I then turn everything off then try again to turn on (all using controller. I have re-programmed the remote and made sure TV not is a sleep power saving mode.

Any suggestions?

· Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What DirecTV Remote control model?
Sometimes the synchronized power on/off setting is controlled via "HDMI CEC" between your HDMI-connected devices, rather than the remote. So be sure to check each device's HDMI CEC settings.
Is that on the TVs settings? My remotes are RC7X for the HR54 main unit and the clients are RF4CE DTV tells me these are most up to date

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,462 Posts
My remotes are RC7X for the HR54 main unit and the clients are RF4CE DTV tells me these are most up to date
The RC7x series should not be confused with "peanut remotes". This is a "peanut remote" (it came with the THR22):

Remote control Input device Electric blue Plant Fashion accessory

It would probably be helpful for you to share how the three devices are connected. If there isn't an HDMI connection to the sound bar, CEC probably won't be of any help and you'll need to re-program the remote (through the HR54) to control the sound bar via infrared.

· Godfather
2,149 Posts
The RC7x series should not be confused with "peanut remotes". This is a "peanut remote" (it came with the THR22):

View attachment 32777

It would probably be helpful for you to share how the three devices are connected. If there isn't an HDMI connection to the sound bar, CEC probably won't be of any help and you'll need to re-program the remote (through the HR54) to control the sound bar via infrared.
Nope, both remotes are peanut remotes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts