DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I've got a 322 receiver, and I just accidentally broke the #2 remote last night (stepped on it). I don't have the protection plan, by the way.

My question is: what is the best way to replace it? Should I call the people who installed the system, or should I just buy a new remote online? What's the cheapest method?

Thanks in advance.

· Hall Of Fame
5,581 Posts
1-800-333-3474 and ask for DISH's help the worst they could suggest is you get DHPP so it costs you $5.99 but more than likely as a new customer you already have DHPP.

· Hall Of Fame
8,968 Posts
Radio Shack actually carries them; that would be fastest. Remote replacement is normally handled directly with Dish, so you could also call them and ask what they charge if you don't want to go to RS.

· Legend
217 Posts
MrPapercut said:
Ok, so I've got a 322 receiver, and I just accidentally broke the #2 remote last night (stepped on it). I don't have the protection plan, by the way.

My question is: what is the best way to replace it? Should I call the people who installed the system, or should I just buy a new remote online? What's the cheapest method?

Thanks in advance.
You could also go to E-Bay and get one I did that and got a good proce.

5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies. I checked my local Radio Shack but was told they don't carry them anymore. So I called and ordered a new one. Should have it in 3-5 business days. Thanks again for the help.

· Cool Member
12 Posts
I just spend 40 mins with DISH CS to get my remote replaced. If I knew it was that much of an ordeal I would just bought one on ebay for $20 bucks.

When did DISH outsource their CS to India?

· Cool Member
20 Posts
MrPapercut said:

Thanks in advance.
I have found replacement remotes on EBAY for very reasonable prices. I have purchased at least a dozen this way for use in multiple rooms (Dish UHF Remotes) and have never received a defective one.

· AllStar
104 Posts
Westking said:
I have found replacement remotes on EBAY for very reasonable prices. I have purchased at least a dozen this way for use in multiple rooms (Dish UHF Remotes) and have never received a defective one.
Couldn't agree more. Tons of them out on ebay for really good prices. Have purchased a few myself for the same reasons (broken and/or multiple rooms).

· Legend
214 Posts
gutkin said:
I just spend 40 mins with DISH CS to get my remote replaced. If I knew it was that much of an ordeal I would just bought one on ebay for $20 bucks.

When did DISH outsource their CS to India?
Odd, somehow my UHF remote got wet and I had to replace it. Took me maybe five minutes with the CSR and she had a new one out to me in no time. The only thing I had to pay was $5.95 in shipping and handling fees. The lady that I got was American too; must of had something to do with the fact that it was AT&T Dish.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.