DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are the documented changes so far to what the buttons on the remotes work:

• New key mappings
    1. Trickplay will never work when the picture is in a window.
    2. Playlist: {DASH} now brings up the Options menu (equivalent to {YELLOW})
    3. Playlist: {PAUSE} now starts playing back the highlighted recording
    4. Live TV/Recording Playback: {ENTER} brings up the mini-guide
    5. Guide and Mini-Guide: {FFW} and {REW} now jump forward or back 12 hours (equivalent to {GREEN} and {RED})
    6. Pressing {ENTER} on a highlighted program in your playlist will toggle it to KEEP and back, like {BLUE} button does now.
    7. {DASH} now brings up the guide options while in the guide.
    8. {DASH}-{DASH} no longer functions to delete an item from the playlist.

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Stuart posted this in the other remote thread.

Guys... the document looks great. (But...)

There will be a new remote for the RVU clients. I will provide a picture of both.

So we need to start working on v2 of this document.

Notable changes:

There is no {YELLOW}, {GREEN} or {BLUE} button.
The {PLAY} and {PAUSE} buttons are the same.

This yields the following changes:

courtesy of inkahauts said:
1. No trick-play commands work if the tv picture is in the window. Trickplay only works when the picture is full screen.

2. Playlist: DASH now brings up the Options menu (equivalent to YELLOW) (used to be dash dash would delete whats highlighted)

3. Playlist: PAUSE now starts playing back the highlighted recording

4. Live TV/Recording Playback: ENTER brings up the mini-guide

5. Guide and Mini-Guide: FFW and REW now jump forward or back 12 hours (equivalent to Green and Red)

6. Pressing enter on a highlighted program in your playlist will toggle it to KEEP and back, like the blue button does now.

7. Dash now brings up the guide options while in the guide.

8. Pressing the left arrow enough times will now exit the guide, where as before the furthest you could go with the left arrow is the channels on the far left column and then you would receiver the bonk.

9. To change on demand channels in the on demand menus, you can now press ffwd and rewd to advance or go back one channel. (same as red and green buttons right now)

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was asked to start a new thread for this so here goes, the photo is still in the other thread. I cannot move that.

Again as mentioned in the other thread, a lot of this information is part of the CE program and not publically available so please keep this here.

·
Registered
9,491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The picture looks fine, if we do get to a point where you would rater email something to me just send me a PM and I can shoot you my email. (Just have to promise not to stalk me. :) )

I can go over them and then I can have them loaded to the site.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.