DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Icon
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a way to set the TV On and Off buttons to signal inputs other than DirecTV and TV?

I am trying to make turning my HR20, Onkyo receiver, and Sony TV turn on and off with one button press. As it stand now, I leave the HR20 on and power the TV and Onkyo separately. My ideal would be to have the TV On signal the TV, DirecTV and AV1 to turn on and the TV Off signal the TV, DirecTV and AV2 to turn off. For some reason there was no single code to power the Onkyo on and off so AV1 turns it on and AV2 turns it off.

· Registered
2,570 Posts
jpitlick said:
Does anyone know if there is a way to set the TV On and Off buttons to signal inputs other than DirecTV and TV?

I am trying to make turning my HR20, Onkyo receiver, and Sony TV turn on and off with one button press. As it stand now, I leave the HR20 on and power the TV and Onkyo separately. My ideal would be to have the TV On signal the TV, DirecTV and AV1 to turn on and the TV Off signal the TV, DirecTV and AV2 to turn off. For some reason there was no single code to power the Onkyo on and off so AV1 turns it on and AV2 turns it off.
Not on the D* remote. When I tried to set this up for my self. I played with it for days. Finally I broke down and got a Harmony 880. That may be your answer if you want one button on and off.

· Icon
808 Posts
You may want to also check out the URC R6. It's not as fancy as the Harmony 880 - The URC R6 doesn't have an LCD screen and isn't PC programmable, but it does have the 4 color buttons and at an MSRP of under $25, it's certainly a bargain.

· Hall Of Fame
2,396 Posts
Radio Shack 15-134 isn't bad either for $29. There's a link for it in my signature. It can easily do what you want in a simple macro and uses the same device codes you're using in the DirecTV remote (they're made by the same company, UEI). For another $30 for a cable, it's PC programmable.

· Icon
580 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thank you for all of the suggestions. I've been considering getting a Harmony.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.