DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All,

I have an older R-15 that I got back in the early summer. I've always had a distance problem with the remote... it only works from about 8 feet from the receiver. I know it isn't the remote itself because I can control other devices from a much greater distance. I've also tested it with a Harmony remote and have the same issue.

I did a search and found some people with the same issue but never really found a good resolution to this. It seems like many of the newer batches of the R-15 don't have this issue.

What are my options? Will a newer software update solve this problem? Should I call DTV and have them replace the unit?

Any thoughts would be helpful.

Thanks!

·
Cool Member
116 Posts
Did you check the remote sender lens and/or receiver lens for schmootz on them? That can block the signal.

Is there a clear shot to the receiver location for the signal to get to it? Meaning, no glass doors or the receiver being recessed too deep into a shelf or sumthin like that?

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There are no obstructions. I'm shooting straight on from about 10 feet away and I don't get a signal. If I move closer to like 6-7 feet I can control it fine.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,473 Posts
Does the remote control the TV or stereo ok? If it does it could be the R15 i/r on the reciever. Do you have another universal remote that you program for the R15 and see if it works better?

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cabanaboy1977 said:
Does the remote control the TV or stereo ok? If it does it could be the R15 i/r on the reciever. Do you have another universal remote that you program for the R15 and see if it works better?
Yeah, I've tried both. I'm certain it is the reciever.

Maybe I'll just call directv and see what they have to say.

·
Banned
4,231 Posts
try switching to RF

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.