DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Legend
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched, but couldn't find anything about this problem...

Around 9:45 last night, while recording Heroes, I was watching ESPN and flipped over to see what was happening in the baseball game (which was postponed). The channel changed ok, but when I tried to go back to the football, the box would not respond to the remote. I tried both the Harmony 880 and the RC23 with the same results.

I could go to the guide or the list, but I couldn't navigate at all. Channel up/down wouldn't work and nor would the number keys. I couldn't restart the DVR due to recording, so I waited until after 10:00pm and reset. This solved the problem, but I lost the recording. It wasn't in the list at all.

I know I can watch the show I missed online (or I think it's repeated on SciFi on Friday - and there's a Heroes Marathon on Sunday), but this was a really annoying problem as I also missed 10 minutes of Studio 60 while it was restarting.

Anyone seen this? Any ideas? Earl?

·
Registered
5,952 Posts
Guindalf said:
I searched, but couldn't find anything about this problem...

Around 9:45 last night, while recording Heroes, I was watching ESPN and flipped over to see what was happening in the baseball game (which was postponed). The channel changed ok, but when I tried to go back to the football, the box would not respond to the remote. I tried both the Harmony 880 and the RC23 with the same results.

I could go to the guide or the list, but I couldn't navigate at all. Channel up/down wouldn't work and nor would the number keys. I couldn't restart the DVR due to recording, so I waited until after 10:00pm and reset. This solved the problem, but I lost the recording. It wasn't in the list at all.

I know I can watch the show I missed online (or I think it's repeated on SciFi on Friday - and there's a Heroes Marathon on Sunday), but this was a really annoying problem as I also missed 10 minutes of Studio 60 while it was restarting.

Anyone seen this? Any ideas? Earl?
Every notice the loss of keyboard or mouse input control on a PC? I have this feeling that the HR20 gets into a loop and may take a while (or forever, requring a reset) to come out of. Doing additional keystrokes might just make it more difficult or overrun a buffer that hangs the unit. If you have a chance sometime, try letting it just sit for 5 or 10 mins., with no attempt to communicate with it (front panel or remote).

I'm not suggesting this as a solution, just a way to get a feel for what might be happening.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.