DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Cool Member
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since the last update my remote will not turn the TV on. It does turn the HR20 on & once I power the TV (using the remote that came with the TV) I can control everything with with the HR20 's remote. I have tried reprogamming the remote & have even tried another HR20 remote ( I have 2) still the same problem. I have a Samsung DLP. It will turn the TV off, just not on. Anypne else with these problems? Before this update I had no problems with the remote it worked as supposed to.
 

·
Mentor
Joined
·
49 Posts
kencc said:
Since the last update my remote will not turn the TV on. It does turn the HR20 on & once I power the TV (using the remote that came with the TV) I can control everything with with the HR20 's remote. I have tried reprogamming the remote & have even tried another HR20 remote ( I have 2) still the same problem. I have a Samsung DLP. It will turn the TV off, just not on. Anypne else with these problems? Before this update I had no problems with the remote it worked as supposed to.
Prior to the update I was able to use the HR20 remote's power button to turn everything off. I would cut the sound from my receiver and turn the TV off. Now it custs the sound, but the TV still stays on and shows the input label in the upper left corner of the screen. Not a big deal but not a slick is before.
 

·
Mentor
Joined
·
49 Posts
cpenfiel said:
Prior to the update I was able to use the HR20 remote's power button to turn everything off. I would cut the sound from my receiver and turn the TV off. Now it custs the sound, but the TV still stays on and shows the input label in the upper left corner of the screen. Not a big deal but not a slick is before.
Just followed advice from a different thread to reprgram the remote. Did that and it didn't work. The I pressed TV on button and that seems to work like the Power button did before the upgrade. It turned off the tv plus the HR 20.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,312 Posts
kencc said:
Since the last update my remote will not turn the TV on. It does turn the HR20 on & once I power the TV (using the remote that came with the TV) I can control everything with with the HR20 's remote. I have tried reprogamming the remote & have even tried another HR20 remote ( I have 2) still the same problem. I have a Samsung DLP. It will turn the TV off, just not on. Anypne else with these problems? Before this update I had no problems with the remote it worked as supposed to.
I dont understand how the software upgrade is affecting the remote. Yesterday reprogrammed and they worked again and the it quit working again this AM. Happens with both remotes on my one unit and large samsung but noton my other 2 remotes on westy.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,312 Posts
cpenfiel said:
Just followed advice from a different thread to reprgram the remote. Did that and it didn't work. The I pressed TV on button and that seems to work like the Power button did before the upgrade. It turned off the tv plus the HR 20.
make sure when u reprogram the TV is ON and use the big pwr key to turn off TV. once you switch remote to dtv should work.
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,312 Posts
spidey said:
make sure when u reprogram the TV is ON and use the big pwr key to turn off TV. once you switch remote to dtv should work.
well seems like reprogramming the remote works one time only than revert back to TV power on not turning on Tv and HD20, seems like this is only a problem for the Samsung DLP I have connected to the one HR
 

·
Cool Member
Joined
·
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
spidey said:
well seems like reprogramming the remote works one time only than revert back to TV power on not turning on Tv and HD20, seems like this is only a problem for the Samsung DLP I have connected to the one HR
I have found the same I have a Toshiba & have no problems with that.
 

·
Mentor
Joined
·
41 Posts
That is very funny... I also have a 50' Samsung DLP.. Since the last upgrade, (Friday morning) I also can NOT power the HR20 and my TV at the same time.. This obviously has to be a software issue.. I have tried many different codes also, but none worked... This started Friday morning, thats when the new software was loaded... I am just glad to see I am not the only one with this problem.. Like I have said in previous posts, I am waiting for a new reciever and a romote to TRY and fix this problem..


Earl, any advice on this issue ???
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,312 Posts
kencc said:
Yes it is.
weird thing is this same remote will turn on/off my samsung 19inch LCD TV just fine just not the DLP. There shouldnt be a connection between remote and sw on the hr20 but now both of us are having exact same problem and both started after the software update. WEIRD. Plus I have 5 remotes some are RC23 others are RC24 and exact same problem on all of them. Control everything else just fine
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,312 Posts
Halsey101 said:
That is very funny... I also have a 50' Samsung DLP.. Since the last upgrade, (Friday morning) I also can NOT power the HR20 and my TV at the same time.. This obviously has to be a software issue.. I have tried many different codes also, but none worked... This started Friday morning, thats when the new software was loaded... I am just glad to see I am not the only one with this problem.. Like I have said in previous posts, I am waiting for a new reciever and a romote to TRY and fix this problem..

Earl, any advice on this issue ???
I did a bunch of PMs with Earl last night on this he doesnt see how it could be sw related, might be time to talk to DTV folks
 

·
Remote Master
Joined
·
1,818 Posts
Sorry I got the PM, but I have no idea why or how to fix. You're joining the ranks of the panasonic & mitsubishi and a bunch of other tv owners whose TV ON & OFF keys don't work. :(
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,312 Posts
Edmund said:
Sorry I got the PM, but I have no idea why or how to fix. You're joining the ranks of the panasonic & mitsubishi and a bunch of other tv owners whose TV ON & OFF keys don't work. :(
off is working fine but on is only able by switching the mode to TV and using the big power button. So did others all develop the problem after new sw load or is it a wear thing? I tried reporgramming other remotes and even though they still work with my westy they dont work with the Sammy DLP do still work with the Sammy LCD however
 

·
Hall Of Fame
Joined
·
2,312 Posts
kencc said:
Same here no problems before sw update
Interesting my wife believes that the remote worked ok yesterday morning but not working today. I can get it to work a single time after reprogramming the 10812 Samsung code in. Is this only happening with DLP TVs, my LCD sammy is still working ok but that remote doesnt talk to an hr20 either
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top