DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried searching but could not find anything (could be I'm not sure what to search for...)

Anywho, is there a way to have the DVR play where you tell it to play? If I'm in 3x or 4x FF I find myself having to go past the point I want to start play from.

Or if I try to play as soon as I see my show come back, it warps me back like a minute and I have to fast forward again.

Are they trying to compensate for slow old people with reaction times on the level that merit having their drivers licensed banned?

·
Dry as a bone
12,566 Posts
Almost all DVR's have auto-correction although the degree varies (even among D* DVR's).

You'll soon get used to it and be able to stop your shows exactly where you want.

·
Honi Soit Qui Mal Y Pense.
15,541 Posts
spartanstew said:
Almost all DVR's have auto-correction although the degree varies (even among D* DVR's).

You'll soon get used to it and be able to stop your shows exactly where you want.
+1.

I find that using 3x makes it easy to judge when to hit play with just a bit of practice.

·
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh I'm used to it alright. It's just that most shows go to commercial leaving you on a cliffhanger, and the "go past so you can stop earlier" ruins some things

For example when I had to work Sunday during football season and played it on DVR when I get home you can see a busted play happen before it happens

Just annoying, wishing you could turn it off :(

·
Dry as a bone
12,566 Posts
I watch all sports time delayed and never have that problem, because they rarely return right to the action.

If I fear a cliffhangar or something similar, I just use 30 second slip instead.

·
Registered
17,050 Posts
rschmitty said:
Oh I'm used to it alright. It's just that most shows go to commercial leaving you on a cliffhanger, and the "go past so you can stop earlier" ruins some things

For example when I had to work Sunday during football season and played it on DVR when I get home you can see a busted play happen before it happens

Just annoying, wishing you could turn it off :(
Use 30 second skip instead of FF.

·
Icon
770 Posts
It used to be that if you pressed "pause" there would be no "auto correct" when stopping FF. Unfortunately, with the new software, they have essentially removed the pause function from the pause button, so it doesn't work anymore. What I have found is that if I stop FF by hitting the 6 sec rewind button, it will almost always stop only a second or two prior to where I pushed the button instead of the up to 30 it does when pressing play.

SMK

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.