DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Here is the deal.

The Remotes are "solid state"... they can't not be "updated".
So there is no way that a software update on the HR20 can change what the remote is doing.

So either some how some way, the remote was reprogrammed, forgot it's programming, or possible you have a different remote.

I know right now in my house, I have at least (I am not kidding here), 10 remotes that look like the RC23/24/32

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Canis Lupus said:
Dang Earl! I "can't not" believe you have all those remotes! :) And here I was tidying up all my remotes down to just 1 finally for the first time in years. :)
I don't have that many active.... I just have all them from so many different boxes scattered through the house (and with some of the replacemtns, ect)

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
reidy83 said:
Here is my remote problem that just started 25 minutes ago. The up and down key will not work. I changed batteries on the remote and called the TV manufacturer but no luck. I hpoing its just a software glitch for now.
Channel up and down on the HR20? Or Channel up and down on the TV?

If it is the first one... reboot your HR20
If it is the later one... I would try re-programming the remote.

· Lifetime Achiever
30,090 Posts
Halsey101 said:
I have had the HR20 for about 2 months now, and all was working great until Friday morning.. It all of the sudden would not power up the TV..

Earl, the strange thing is, this has happened to a lot of other poeple on here at the EXACT same time !!! That, is what I cant figure out...
Don't know what to tell you.

There is no learning capability in the RC series of remotes.
They are made up of non-flashable eproms... If they where programable, we would be able to get updates for newer components, instead of an entire new line of remote being released.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.