DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· You make it, We break it
4,480 Posts
Do u know what software release you have? I have the same TV and everything is still working fine, but I haven't received the latest update yet.

4,480 Posts
Just got home to test the new OXFa software and all remote buttons for TV control of the Sammy 50" DLP are still working. Nothing's changed since the last update in functionality. Wish I had more info for ya.

SonicGT said:
Everything was working fine, now all of a sudden when I power on I can see the tv (samsung 50" dlp) indicate that it senses a remote signal, but doesn't power on. I have to use the samsung remote. The DVR remote will still do volume, power off, etc, just not power on.
Anyone else have this issue or know of a possible fix?

4,480 Posts
Dang Earl! I "can't not" believe you have all those remotes! :) And here I was tidying up all my remotes down to just 1 finally for the first time in years. :)

Earl Bonovich said:
Here is the deal.

The Remotes are "solid state"... they can't not be "updated".
So there is no way that a software update on the HR20 can change what the remote is doing.

So either some how some way, the remote was reprogrammed, forgot it's programming, or possible you have a different remote.

I know right now in my house, I have at least (I am not kidding here), 10 remotes that look like the RC23/24/32

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.