DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 27 of 27 Posts

· Banned
614 Posts
Wildcat_1 said:
Cybr

Completely agree with you to a point but surely this would not mean that after you complete a reset it comes back to life ? That's what is boggling me
Okay got it.

· Registered
8,035 Posts
shanjack said:
I have this exact issue with my Samsung DLP. It was working and then stopped(turning TV on). Is there a fix for this issue??
1. Fresh Batteries
2. Reprogram Remote

· Godfather
440 Posts
Some TVs will get "out of sync" with the TV power sequence (On and Off) and cause the [ON] button to function improperly. I have 2 TVs that do this with the RC32 remote. The fix is simple. After pressing the D & TV ON button and experiencing a failure, power up the TV manually (on the console itself or with the independent TV remote) and then return to using the ON and OFF keys. This happens on sets that have the same command that alternates for the ON/OFF power sequence instead of a remote code that uses a different command for ON and OFF. If you tend to quickly tap the ON and OFF keys or quickly move the remote away after pressing the keys, one of the two components will fail to get the command, and subsequent pressing will turn one device into the opposite of the desired state.

· Cool Member
18 Posts
sore_bluto said:
Some TVs will get "out of sync" with the TV power sequence (On and Off) and cause the [ON] button to function improperly. I have 2 TVs that do this with the RC32 remote. The fix is simple. After pressing the D & TV ON button and experiencing a failure, power up the TV manually (on the console itself or with the independent TV remote) and then return to using the ON and OFF keys. This happens on sets that have the same command that alternates for the ON/OFF power sequence instead of a remote code that uses a different command for ON and OFF. If you tend to quickly tap the ON and OFF keys or quickly move the remote away after pressing the keys, one of the two components will fail to get the command, and subsequent pressing will turn one device into the opposite of the desired state.
Tried this and it doesn't work.

I have a Sammy 50" DLP and my HR20 RC34 remote will not turn the set on...the set does indicate some signal has been received but it does not go on...the RC34 remote however will turn the set off.

Does anybody have a fix?

Thanks.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.