DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Godfather
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whilst futilely trying to program my remote for the HR-20 for my new Sony TV (KDL-40V), there was a problem. Now remote no longer controls anything. Tried RBR, tried remote reset to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated

· Remote Master
1,820 Posts
If the rermote were reset and receiver was in RF mode, then the only why to get them to communicate again is to put the remote into rf mode also:

1. dtv
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 0 0 0 0 1

4. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
5. enter 9 6 1
6. press CH UP key
7. enter the last 6 digits of the receiver ID #(RID), found on a sticker in the access card compartment
8. press SELECT

· Hall Of Fame
2,085 Posts
I suspect you didn't switch the remote to TV MODE when you attempted to program it, meaning you overwrote the DIRECTV MODE of the remote.

Use code "00001" to reprogram the DIRECTV MODE on remote.

After it's working again, then switch to TV MODE and try to program your tv's code.

· Godfather
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks everyone, its working again thanks to your kind tips. Now I'm trying to fix my original issue of finding the code to control a Sony KDL-40V TV. No code I have found has worked. When I did a "code search" via the 991 operation, the TV did respond but only to the chan up/down command--not volume or power. That's when I messed it up somehow. Anyway, thanks again--i guess 2 working remotes is better than one that doesn't work.

· Remote Master
1,820 Posts
Recent sony's are having the same trouble as certain toshiba regza models.

The white remotes add an extra signal to the volume and ON & OFF commands making them unrecognizable to the sony tv's. This extra signal is missing during codesearches thats why you can find a working code, but once you lock it in the extra signal returns. You can't turn off this extra signal. And newer remotes with new codes will have the same problem. Nothing can be done, except abandoning the tv volume for a Audio receiver volume, many do that anyways.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.