DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Icon
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks...got a CCK problem I haven't been able to diagnose. I have two HR24s hooked together for remote playback so that shows from one can be seen on the other. This is a single wire setup. I have recently had installed the original Cinema Connection Kit. Immediately a problem arose. Now, when viewing video from the remote HR24 on either unit, the video will play fine for 5-10 minutes, then pause (with no pause graphics on screen) for about 10 seconds, then continue. At this point, the pauses will occur every 3-5 minutes.

Disconnecting the Ethernet cable from the CCK removes the problem. Obviously, something is coming from my Cisco router that is interfering with playback, as the issue is 100% repeatable. Leave the CCK plugged in and connected to the router and the pauses begin. Disconnect the router Ethernet cable and all's right with the world.

One HR24 is running off an external 2TB drive. However, I have disconnected this drive, rebooted to the internal drive, and the issue remains.

Downloading works fine when connected and no other issues have arisen. No other issues have been seen with the system.

Any thoughts from anyone on what's going on here?

MANY thanks in advance.

· Icon
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes indeed, router and modem have been rebooted numerous times since this first surfaced. Also, I strung a second cable from the router to the CCK and there was no difference. A different port.....DOH. Haven't done that. Let me make that tomorrow morning's project.

It seems there's always something I forget! Thanks for the reminder.

· Icon
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Right....the power supply for the switch is at the wall in the living room. The CCK is in the bedroom, in line with the SAT IN cable to that receiver. Other than that, it 's just straight lines from the switch on the pole to each receiver, nothing fancy. I do have an international dish hooked up to all this, but don't see how that could affect anything.

· Hall Of Fame
8,882 Posts
It must be a Wireless CCK with the two Coax connections to connect inline. Be sure you're only using either the Ethernet port or the wireless. Not both.

If you have wireless, try that connection (without the cable), if the throughput is good enough.

Or possibly try just one coax connection if you have a spare port or a two-way splitter to add.

The wcck does use DHCP so it could be something going on with it and the router.

· Icon
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oops...didn't mention that either....this is my SECOND one. Both did the same thing. Please forgive the memory lapses, but I've been dealing this this for about six months and have had the ethernet disconnected for about six months just because of this issue.

· Icon
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That's about where I am right now, but I hate to replace a perfectly good router because it won't play nice with DirecTV. The connection is a single wire from the router to the CCK, as it is not a wireless device.

· Hall Of Fame
3,585 Posts
If it is the old style CCK without the passthru how is it in-line with the sat in coax for the receiver in the bedroom? Are you using a splitter? It is a green labeled SWM splitter?

You don't have an ethernet cable hooked up to either of your HR24s do you? Or any other DirecTV receivers?

· Icon
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
In line was, frankly a mis-statement on my part. The single sat line comes into the room, goes to the (green) splitter. One side goes to the HR24. The other to the CCK. The CCK is connected to power and to the Ethernet cable. No Ethernet is hooked up to either HR24.

thanks! mn

· Hall Of Fame
3,585 Posts
OK, that makes more sense. Sounds like everything on your DirecTV side should be fine. This is most likely an issue being caused by your router. Do you know the model number of the router? Is the firmware on it up to date? What is the DHCP lease time set to?

· Icon
884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
It's been a while since I was here and wanted to thank everyone for their helping. The problem was resolved by dropping the original CCK (the first wired version) for a wireless version. Now everything works perfectly. So our problem is not solved, but it is fixed!

I appreciate it! Mike Nassour

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.