DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· DBSTalk Club Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both hr20 and hr21 had to be unplugged for reboot.... Strange thing happening now is the remote for the hr20 becomes unresponsive after reboot... The remote will work after reboot on all functions but after 30 minutes you can not use the remote for anything... Again a reboot brings back the remote but after a short period the remote becomes unresponsive... any ideas... batteries are new and remote works with all other components...anyone else having this issue

· Hall Of Fame
4,266 Posts
Is it plugged into your home network? If so, try unplugging it. Sometimes a failure to negotiate UPnP handshakes with the router can cause extremely sluggish performance that acts like a lockup. Also, a very flaky tuner or connection to the dish that causes on again/off again intermittent signal problems can cause sluggishness. In both cases, this sluggishness can be so bad that the unit seems non-responsive.

· Dry as a bone
12,321 Posts
When the remote becomes unresponsive, can you access anything via the buttons on the front of the unit?

I don't think your remote is becoming unresponsive, your box is just locking up again.

· Registered
5,674 Posts
I wonder if resetting satellite setings using front buttons would cure this on sets still having this issue or repeating the issue. on the 1 receiver I had affected this morning I have no issues after the initial unplug-wait-plug back in.

· Icon
715 Posts
My Harmony 880 actually locked up in the "starting activity" phase when trying to start the set top box and the TV and the audio receiver, until I was able to RBR it and get the HR20 rebooted...

· Legend
128 Posts
I had the same problem on both my HR-20 dvrs. Twice today the remotes would not work at all untill i pushed the reset button on both Dvrs.

Whats going on?
vid53

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.