DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Godfather
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have searched and searched and then tried and tried and I just can't get this to work. So I am going to reach out to my human friends now :)

Summary: My setup in my living room was 1 hr24-500 and 1 hr20-700. I am then using a logitech harmony remote 880 to control both receivers.

Recently the hr20-700 died (RIP) and I got a replacement . I also have an HR24-500 in the basement but we didn't use it much so I moved the second HR24-500 upstairs to essentially replace the hr20-700 in the living room.

So I now have two HR24-500's in my living room and I need to try to get the second one to use a different code so I can then proceed with reprogramming the Logitech. Obviously I did this before with the hr20-700 but for whatever reason can't get this to work this time.

So with the 1st receiver blocked I've followed these steps to change the 2nd receiver's code- reminder I can't use RF being the Logitech doesn't support it. Here's the steps I followed (from another search)

1. switch to av1 on remote slider.
2. press and hold mute and select for two blinks
3. enter in 0 0 0 0 2
4. change remote back to directv mode using slider.
5. Press Menu --> Settings/Help -->Settings-->Remote Control--Receiver Mode
6. Change it do AV1 or Av2
7. Changed Remote Slide to Av1 and press Done. (even though changing to av1 I can't change to done unless I use the front panel on the dvr).

After words - the remote doesn't work with AV1 or the Directv option selected. So this is telling me the steps aren't working.

Anyone familiar enough with this to shed some light on where I'm going wrong.
Once I get my Directv remote setup correctly then I will move on to finishing it off with my Logitech.

Thanks

·
Godfather
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hahahah - laughing at myself. This is one reason I shouldn't have access to the internet.:D

Why didn't I think of this two hours ago...

Once I changed the 2nd (new HR24-500)'s receiver mode to av1/av2 then nothing else had to be done with respect to the harmony logitech remote. The hr20-700 receiver setup on the harmony works just fine with the 2nd hr24-500 once I made this change. There was no reason to dig out a directv remote and go through all that process again. I still need to go online and make some changes to menu names and such on my Logitech Harmony but the functionality works now. This could have been done in 5 minutes had I not over thought things.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.