DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Cool Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been using an older TV in another room using coax cable from the in-home distribution outlet on my 722 receiver. This TV has a built in tuner and works fine when set to channel 60. Now however, I would like to use a larger, newer flat screen TV the same way. The problem is this TV has no built in tuner. It does have a coax cable input but I do not know how to input the signal from the 722 into this TV. Is it possible? Or does a remote TV require having a tuner?

·
Cool Member
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
gtal98 said:
I'm not sure why it would have a coax input if it doesn't have a tuner. Can you post your TV make/model? Also, make sure the TV is set to Antenna or Air and not Cable. The default channel is Antenna channel 60. And yes, the remote TV needs to have a tuner. Also, I hope you're not expecting an HD picture at the TV2 location, because the TV2 is only ever SD quality. If you want HD, you will need to add a second receiver, which will then make your tuner issue moot anyway.
It is a Westinghouse 32in LCD (LTV-32-w1) about 8 years old. I was mistaken. It does have an analog tuner (NTSC) only. When I do a channel scan with the TV I do get an unusable distorted audio and video input signal on channel 116 from the Dish in-home output - nothing else.

dcb

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.