DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mentor
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In order to record OTC channels, I have an AM-21 connected to a HR34. When the AM-21 was connected to the older HR20s, I could use the remote and go direct to the OTC channel simply by entering the channel number followed by entering the dash and the subchanned number (eg 4-1, 4-2 etc). Now the only way I can go directly to an OTC channel is to call it up using the Guide and then select the OTC channel. I can only assume everyone with a AM21/HR34 is faced with this problem. Can anyone tell me if this is corect or have any other suggestion on how to immediately access a OTC channel with the DIRECTV remote? Thaks.

·
Super Moderator
42,754 Posts
yatsco said:
Can anyone tell me if this is corect or have any other suggestion on how to immediately access a OTC channel with the DIRECTV remote? Thaks.
I checked this with mine and had no problems with xx-1 entering.
If yours doesn't do this, it may get fixed with the next update.

·
Dad
6,606 Posts
Agree with VOS
Every Directv receiver in my home has an AM21 or AM21N attached.
On occassion, sometimes, the x-1 doesn't work, but its rare. Just have to re-enter it.
Most of the time an x-1 or x-2 works fine.

Suggest you re-do your ANT setup.

·
Mentor
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I am embarrassed to report that the problem reported lies with the remote control. The remote control I was using works with all functions except it does not recognize the dash. I set up a new remote control and it provides me with the dash to directly access OTA. Your comments made me think that the remote control might be the problems. Thanks to everyone.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.