DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the last few days the NorthEast has been inundated with rain and its accompanying humidity. And at the same time, I have notice sluggishness with all my remotes on all my receivers. The worst period is when I first turn on the TVs. (Note - I do not shut off my boxes.)

Q: Is the cause, the battery contacts in the remotes or is it the remote contacts under the buttons or both?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cyber36 said:
What's the purpose of leaving the boxes powered up besides a few extra kwh??
Well the only thing that gets shutoff in the receiver is the A/V feed to your television.
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
384 Posts
I'll tell ya, the humidity down here in S.FLA. is brutal, and one would think it could cause problems with certain contacts and the likes, but that wasn't the problem, what I found that fixed the lag time in the remotes for me was disabling each remotes "model ID" function.

Press and hold Mute and Select on remote, lights will flash, then code; 9-6-3, lights flash, then "ChanDown" and lights flash again. Good luck.
 

·
Large Member
Joined
·
4,867 Posts
Drucifer said:
For the last few days the NorthEast has been inundated with rain and its accompanying humility.
Jeremy W said:
Good, I was getting tired of all the arrogance up in the Northeast.
:lol: LMAO! :lol: I'm surprised no one else caught that. I was just about to post the same thing (except I'm from the N.E.).
 

·
Large Member
Joined
·
4,867 Posts
gilviv said:
I'll tell ya, the humidity down here in S.FLA. is brutal, and one would think it could cause problems with certain contacts and the likes, but that wasn't the problem, what I found that fixed the lag time in the remotes for me was disabling each remotes "model ID" function.

Press and hold Mute and Select on remote, lights will flash, then code; 9-6-3, lights flash, then "ChanDown" and lights flash again. Good luck.
I think you just gave the code to reset RF to IR or reset the remote to factory settings. :eek2: Not sure which. The one you are thinking of is a bit longer (but I don't have it handy since I don't use D* remotes).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,778 Posts
Drucifer said:
For the last few days the NorthEast has been inundated with rain and its accompanying humility. And at the same time, I have notice sluggishness with all my remotes on all my receivers. The worst period is when I first turn on the TVs. (Note - I do not shut off my boxes.)

Q: Is the cause, the battery contacts in the remotes or is it the remote contacts under the buttons or both?
I have experienced this a few times and a menu re-boot cleared it up. Have you tried that to see if it makes a difference?
 

·
Godfather
Joined
·
384 Posts
TBlazer07 said:
I think you just gave the code to reset RF to IR or reset the remote to factory settings. :eek2: Not sure which. The one you are thinking of is a bit longer (but I don't have it handy since I don't use D* remotes).
This is what I got from a previous post here at DBS and from a D* TECH as well.
The 961 + CHANDOWN code is the one that turns OFF the RF function of the remote.
963 is the one for Model ID.

Codfishjoe said:
After seeing multiple threads regarding how slow HDDVRs respond, I figured I'd post this here as a quick little fix. It helps a bit to make the receiver respond faster in most cases. It doesn't improve by leaps and bounds, but definitely noticeable in most cases.

Start by pressing and holding mute first, then select at the same time until the green light on the remote flashes twice, just like any other programming remote step.

Next, press the numbers 9 6 3 and the green light should flash twice again.

Finally, press the "Chan Down" button and the green light should flash twice again.

This disables the model id on the remote, basically meaning the remote doesn't send a sort of verification code of what model of remote it is with each key press that requires the receiver verify it first before processing the command. It just sends the signal straight through, providing faster response time.

Try this and see if it improves the speed at all.
 

·
Large Member
Joined
·
4,867 Posts
gilviv said:
This is what I got from a previous post here at DBS and from a D* TECH as well.
The 961 + CHANDOWN code is the one that turns OFF the RF function of the remote.
963 is the one for Model ID.
Guess I didn't remember correctly. :)
 
1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top