Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Cool Member
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I noticed the other day when I was watch a prerecorded show and I had a bad rain storm. The signal was lost but I was getting the message while watching something I recorded. I tried hitting exit but no luck, it keep appearing.
Is there a way to disable this? Quite annoying trying to watch something I recorded and all I kept seeing was searching for sat signal.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
Rob55 said:
I second that vote. Maybe that's why I'm watching something from the list.:rolleyes:
I'm right with you.

·
AllStar
85 Posts
chance said:
Hello,

I noticed the other day when I was watch a prerecorded show and I had a bad rain storm. The signal was lost but I was getting the message while watching something I recorded. I tried hitting exit but no luck, it keep appearing.
Is there a way to disable this? Quite annoying trying to watch something I recorded and all I kept seeing was searching for sat signal.

Thanks
The same thing happened to me the other night. It was flashing on and off the screen for a while before it stopped, very annoying.

·
Cool Member
18 Posts
So there are some obvious issues with this fine *cough* HD DVR system. I am hoping that DTV gets this worked out sooner than later. It would be nice to see DTV post a list of issues, on a website that, they are aware of so we know they are working on the problems. Unahappily watching a recorded show durring a very lite rain with the searching for sat........

I know its early in the game but I want my TIVO HD back.

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
bondurch said:
So there are some obvious issues with this fine *cough* HD DVR system. I am hoping that DTV gets this worked out sooner than later. It would be nice to see DTV post a list of issues, on a website that, they are aware of so we know they are working on the problems. Unahappily watching a recorded show durring a very lite rain with the searching for sat........

I know its early in the game but I want my TIVO HD back.
You'll grow to love the HR20 once you start using it longer and it becomes more stable.

·
Legend
183 Posts
bondurch said:
Unahappily watching a recorded show durring a very lite rain with the searching for sat........
Shouldn't have "searching for sat" with only light rain. How's the signal strength normally?

·
Cool Member
18 Posts
Just checked signal strength after the mild storm and all looks great. 95% or better. I did not have this problem with the my old 3LNB dish and TIVO HD unit. I am not giving up yet. This unit does have some nice features but unfortunatley is still unstable. Come on DTV programers!

Quick question. How hot do your boxes run. Mine seems to be extremely warm. I wonder if this is causing some of the freezes or lockups.

·
Legend
183 Posts
bondurch said:
Quick question. How hot do your boxes run. Mine seems to be extremely warm. I wonder if this is causing some of the freezes or lockups.
Mine has been running @ 122F.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.