DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Legend
244 Posts
newsposter said:
I can't see the option to do it
No they make you talk to someone first. They try everything to make you keep it and if this is the doesn't work they send you a box. Immediately send the device back with the remote. If you wait more than a couple of days or if you loose track of the tracking number they will try to charge you for the box.

PS: If you hadn't figured this out, "This is the voice of experience talking!"

· Hall Of Fame
1,429 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok did the human thing..was on hold and heard someone typing then they hung up so had to call back...all he said was this is owned so you dont have to return it...do you need anything else? i said no..he said bye

painless

· Hall Of Fame
4,266 Posts
Azdeadwood said:
No they make you talk to someone first. They try everything to make you keep it
Huh? I've deactivate at least a dozen receivers and not once have they tried to get me to keep it. I just tell them I no longer need it and that's that.

and if this is the doesn't work they send you a box. Immediately send the device back with the remote. If you wait more than a couple of days or if you loose track of the tracking number they will try to charge you for the box. PS: If you hadn't figured this out, "This is the voice of experience talking!"
Yes, that would be the procedure for a leased receiver. All the ones I've deactivated have been owned, so I have not had the (dis)pleasure of returning a leased unit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.