DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,657 Posts
"MysteryMan" said:
I beg to differ. Just go to a Sam's Club, Walmart, or Barnes & Noble and see what the release price is for a DVD/BluRay. Then wait a couple of months. Examples: When "True Grit" was released it went for $18.95. Now it's selling for $12.00. "Ben Hur" 50th Anniversary Package was selling for $42.95 when released. I waited and got it for $24.95. Hell, I've even seen some new releases go for less then $10.00 after their initial release.
It all depends on where you shop. Almost any product can be found cheaper somewhere and overpriced elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
21,657 Posts
"dpeters11" said:
Maybe so, but I will also say its not something you expect. It's kind of like people don't expect that when they buy an older new disc, the digital copy is already expired.
I wish the digital copies didn't expire too... But I don't have a perfect answer to guarantee them forever without cost o the movie producer... Imagine having to keep the server running indefinitely just in case ten years from now someone redeems a code.

The thing with Red, though, while being bad at least shouldn't surprise anyone that reads before buying.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.