DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Legend
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out there know of a repair company in the Washington DC/Northern VA area that works on Sunday?

I lost satellite signal to all four of my units yesterday (8 lines total) and D* won't be able to be here until Wednesday 11/1. So much for being an "A-List" customer! :mad:

They think it's a bad transponder, but I think it's awfully suspicious that it happened on the windiest day of the year. At least the dish is still on the roof and didn't blow away! :)

Thanks in advance...

· Godfather
438 Posts
blucas95 said:
Does anyone out there know of a repair company in the Washington DC/Northern VA area that works on Sunday?

I lost satellite signal to all four of my units yesterday (8 lines total) and D* won't be able to be here until Wednesday 11/1. So much for being an "A-List" customer! :mad:

They think it's a bad transponder, but I think it's awfully suspicious that it happened on the windiest day of the year. At least the dish is still on the roof and didn't blow away! :)

Thanks in advance...
Bad TRANSPONDER???

The transponders are on the satellites up in the sky! :hurah:

· Legend
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Mike500 said:
If you have a powered multiswitch, check the power adaptor.
They actually suggested that I check that last night, but my multiswitch is no powered.

I had a friend of mine who has a ladder and is mechanically inclined come over this morning. After about a minute on the roof, he discovered the problem. One of the bolts that secures the leg supports had sheared off and the dish was tilted backward slightly. He was able to get it back where it belongs and put in a replacement bolt and I'm back in action. Just in time for the 1:00 kick-offs! :)

Thanks for the responses.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.