DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Godfather
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else have repeats showing up in their todo lost? I noiced that Heros tonight "Collision" is in my to do list and it clearly has Repeat in the title. NBC is having a Heros marathon, all repeats and this is the only one that is in my todo list. I have double checked the series link and it is set to record first run only.

·
3 Posts
EMoMoney said:
Anybody else have repeats showing up in their todo lost? I noiced that Heros tonight "Collision" is in my to do list and it clearly has Repeat in the title. NBC is having a Heros marathon, all repeats and this is the only one that is in my todo list. I have double checked the series link and it is set to record first run only.
I just (10-21-06) purchased a H20-700S and have noticed the double entries in the to do list. It seems to only happen after I modify one of the entires via Info, then Series-Link (like deleting an episode or changing to First Run). Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
5,957 Posts
cpcygan said:
I just (10-21-06) purchased a H20-700S and have noticed the double entries in the to do list. It seems to only happen after I modify one of the entires via Info, then Series-Link (like deleting an episode or changing to First Run). Any help would be appreciated.
Some of this is "guide related", and the inability of the HR20 to discriminate based on the format and content of the guide. Everything is tied to the Guide. It makes things simple (but prone to problems). Manual recording is a way around this...but recurrent manual recording (not single instances) has bugs.

Sports recordings are particularly problematic due to the way they are presented and then updated in the Guide. There is no current solution to these types of problems.

·
Godfather
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
PoitNarf said:
I've never seen the guide on the HR20 indicate a show as a first run or a repeat.
You're technically right, it doesn't say repeat in the guide data, but if you go into the show description from the todo list, it clearly says repeat.

·
AllStar
93 Posts
What you are describing is aggravating but recording episodes that this very unit has recorded in the past is pretty bad as well. The Heros marathon had my HR20 going for a couple hours straight. All episodes it had recorded previously, we've watched and deleted, yet there they are again. My DirecTiVo didn't do this.

TiVo still has the better algorithm for this sort of thing I guess.

·
Legend
181 Posts
rtphokie said:
I think Tivo have the "don't record if it has already been recorded in the past 30 days" as a patent.

Also does the Tivo get its guide data from a different source? There maybe descrepancies between them.

·
Godfather
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
rtphokie said:
What you are describing is aggravating but recording episodes that this very unit has recorded in the past is pretty bad as well. The Heros marathon had my HR20 going for a couple hours straight. All episodes it had recorded previously, we've watched and deleted, yet there they are again. My DirecTiVo didn't do this.

My situation was different. Of the Heros aired last night, only the 10:00pm episode recorded even though they were all listed as repeat and my HR10 DirecTiVo did the same.

·
Legend
146 Posts
This is happening with L&O:SVU too. It's down to the guide data not being flagged correctly and is not a problem with the box.

This kind of event usually happens when there is a large televised sporting event going on and there is fluctuation in the schedule. I guess they are just not hitting the right flags.

Annoying as it is, there's little you can do about it. You could complain, but it's plain old human error. If someone doesn't use Season Pass/Series Link or whatever or even more simple, doesn't use a DVR, they do not realize the importance of setting this flag.

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
Check your settings for your Series Link.

I have Heros setup up on THREE DVRs (both HR20's and an R15)
And not one of them recorded one of the replays from Sunday night...

(and none of them have any of the older episodes on the hard drives).

·
Legend
177 Posts
I have the same thing happen. I figured it was the guide data but it clearly says repeat in the discription. No biggie just add it to the list of fixes that DTV is taking care of with their numerous software updates.

PS - off topic a bit: My HR10-250 STILL hasn't updated to version 6.3a! Anyone else not update?

·
Godfather
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Earl Bonovich said:
Check your settings for your Series Link.

I have Heros setup up on THREE DVRs (both HR20's and an R15)
And not one of them recorded one of the replays from Sunday night...

(and none of them have any of the older episodes on the hard drives).
Did that. Both my series link on my HR20 and my season pass on my HR10 are both set for first run only. The strange thing is and even if it was setup to record first run and repeats, why would only record one of the repeats from last night and not all 3? Even more confusing is why didn't the HR10 not record it based on the 30 day rule. I've definatley ruled it out as a HR20 bug since that one episode recorded on both my HR20 and HR10.

·
Godfather
260 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Another repeat recorded tonight, C.S.I. Series link is set for first run only. Not every series is doing this, Heros did on Sunday, but The Unit did not record the repeat on Tuesday.

·
3 Posts
This is THE biggest issue I've had with the HR20 since switching from my DirecTIVO.

Does anyone know if there's any kind of fix coming down the line for this? Basically, I have to go manually record all my shows for the week, else it will do repeats.

What I've found is that I want the newest Daily Show and Colbert Report every day, but when I wake up in the morning, I get three of each, and a fourth of each that's from last month. So aggravating.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.