DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, the Tuner 2 issue has been driving me nuts and with football season coming up next week i cant take the chance of having a weak tuner if there is bad weather. the wife would kill me if we had issues with getting the steelers games. I HOPE i get another HR21 since the black matches everything but i think the HR20-700 is one of the best so i wouldnt complain

· Hall Of Fame
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Grentz said:
Are you sure it is not something with the line? Have you tried switching the lines and BBCs between the tuners?
Yes all of that. The problem stays with the tuner. It does work fine WITHOUT a BBC but i have 4 BBC's and they all work fine on Tuner 1 but same issue on 2

· AllStar
57 Posts
I was having the same problem with my HR21-100 on tuner 2. I exchanged it about 2 weeks ago and i lucked out and got a HR21-700. the difference in the signal strength is amazing. On the -700 both tuner are within 1% of each other. If i were you i would just call and exchange it again.

· Hall Of Fame
3,433 Posts
compnurd said:
Well this sucks, i am sent another HR21-100 and it is doing the same ****. actually seems worse
Just keep sending them back with a big note on the outside saying, "Do NOT send this receiver to someone else without fixing tuner 2 operation with BBC on 101 satellite." Maybe if they get enough of these back, they'll start to wonder why.....

I was in Costco the other day, and they had a giant stack of these HR21-100's, and I couldn't help wondering how many of them had this problem and how much hair will wind up on the floor after useless hours on the telephone.

· Legend
118 Posts
I had same problem awhile back, it was the lnb gone bad, is the weak signals on tuner 2 only on a certain sat or across all sats. Do you have a multiswitch inline or straight runs? any open lugs on the ground block if one is available? Or does the same tuner hold low wvwn changin the wires and bbcs around?

· Hall Of Fame
5,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
DaaQ said:
I had same problem awhile back, it was the lnb gone bad, is the weak signals on tuner 2 only on a certain sat or across all sats. Do you have a multiswitch inline or straight runs? any open lugs on the ground block if one is available? Or does the same tuner hold low wvwn changin the wires and bbcs around?
See my post above

· Hall Of Fame
3,433 Posts
They need instead to get one of these HR21-100's to the "tech's" at El Segundo and figure out why they are doing this.

· Godfather
347 Posts
i am experiencing the same problem. i used to do installs and i just got checking my signal at the dish and every break point on the lines all the way to the line in the back of the bbc. i have a 100% signal on my birdog every time. no luck. switched bbcs around. problem stays with tuner 2.

im seeing about a 30% difference in the tuners on sat 101 tp 1.

· Godfather
347 Posts
so i just got off the phone with a "tech support" rep at D*tv. she is saying that there is no current problem with the tuner 2 problem. we ran through the test and i told her that t2 is about 30% lower tuner 1. she said that they look for at least a 60% reading for hd reciever for it to be good. i told her that today is pretty clear with that reading and that when a storm rolls in that the signal level will drop below the 60% level. she told that there is nothing that she could do.

· AllStar
57 Posts
I was getting the same song and dance from the CSRs. Finaly after the third call, i just told them that the unit wouldn't power on at all. and they sent me a replacement. These DVRs are expensive (unless a deal was made:) ) there is no reason that they should be getting readings like this!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.