DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Mentor
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has been mentioned elsewhere on this board, but it's reportedly closer to reality that Amazon Prime will broadcast a NFL game on Black Friday, beginning in 2023.

This has been stirring in the rumor mill since April, but new reports from John Ourand state with some added confidence that it's coming. According to the report, the cost of the game would be between $70-100 million, on top of the cost for the Thursday Night Football package.

Reactions: AZ.

·
Premium Member
36,675 Posts
This has been mentioned elsewhere on this board, but it's reportedly closer to reality that Amazon Prime will broadcast a NFL game on Black Friday, beginning in 2023.

This has been stirring in the rumor mill since April, but new reports from John Ourand state with some added confidence that it's coming. According to the report, the cost of the game would be between $70-100 million, on top of the cost for the Thursday Night Football package.
Sports on these streaming sites without a proper remote are hard to watch. I have tried the ATVs and Cubes, and the remotes don't work well compared to the D* remotes. The best way I've found is with the D* Stream Osprey remote. You still don't have a 30-second click ahead, but the FF and RR functions are usable. Of course, that means you have to subscribe to the streaming service.

·
Mentor
554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sports on these streaming sites without a proper remote are hard to watch. I have tried the ATVs and Cubes, and the remotes don't work well compared to the D* remotes. The best way I've found is with the D* Stream Osprey remote. You still don't have a 30-second click ahead, but the FF and RR functions are usable. Of course, that means you have to subscribe to the streaming service.
I won't attempt to discredit what you've said. You've explained how you prefer to watch sports in past threads, and I know time shifting is a big part of that for you. That 30-second jump that so many covet simply isn't as big of a deal to me. I know how to operate the ATV remote where it feels comfortable and swift enough for me, and maybe I've been without D* long enough that I don't remember life with it.

That being said, there's room for improvement on all fronts with sports streaming in regards to replicating a more traditional satellite/cable experience where those that are hesitant about it would feel more comfortable about dipping their toe in the streaming water.

Reactions: Rich

·
Premium Member
3,387 Posts
How is baseball on streaming without MLB EI? Are you using MLB-TV?

·
Beware the Attack Basset
25,503 Posts
This is a thread about the NFL. See the point?
I do, but are there really that many NFL followers that don't also watch NCAA games? It isn't like there are a ton of NFL games and they need to raid one more from NFLST.

·
Premium Member
36,675 Posts
How is baseball on streaming without MLB EI? Are you using MLB-TV?
Almost every Friday night the Yankees are on Amazon Prime and navigating that with an ATV is brutal. And then there are the games on the Apple app that limits navigation to the point where it's almost impossible to enjoy the game. By next year we'll be searching all over the net looking for games.

·
Premium Member
36,675 Posts
Almost every Friday night the Yankees are on Amazon Prime and navigating that with an ATV is brutal. And then there are the games on the Apple app that limits navigation to the point where it's almost impossible to enjoy the game. By next year we'll be searching all over the net looking for games.
Last night's Yankees game was on the Amazon Prime app. Sorta. I tried using the Osprey remote with the D* streaming box, and I could not keep the game on for any amount of time. All I got was a buffering icon going round and round. Then, I tried using an ATV, but that kept kicking me out too. Something was wrong on Amazon's side. I gave up and asked Google who won the game. I understand why these games are on streaming platforms but wouldn't you think they could have made an attempt to work out all the glitches before putting it out? If you can't navigate thru a game, what's the point?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts