DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just upgraded to the HR20 DVR and am very impressed. I was on the waiting list for a while now.

Couple of questions....

1.) Are there any TV remote control codes that will work for the Hyundai brand? (I have the Q320 model)

2.) Previously, I was using the H20 receiver and noticed that the menu interface was nice and crisp with very sharp text. The HR20 DVR seems to have menus that are a bit faded with washed out text. (Not nearly as crisp as before). Is there something different with these ? It's not that big of a difference but just something small that I noticed. These new menus do load 50x faster than the other box. Maybe that has something to do with it... just curious.

The HD channels look exactly the same as before but I had to turn the brightness and contrast on the TV down a bit with this new DVR. I'm assuming the internal settings boosted it a bit with this box.

Anyway, I would appreciate any replies / discussion on this subject and want to thank everyone on this site for keeping viewers updated. I've been hooked on making it a daily stop for news and info. You guys are ahead of the game !

· Registered
5,747 Posts
Datoupee said:
Just upgraded to the HR20 DVR and am very impressed. I was on the waiting list for a while now.

Couple of questions....

1.) Are there any TV remote control codes that will work for the Hyundai brand? (I have the Q320 model)
Try this discussion board for the remote if you don't have any luck here. See link below.

http://www.remotecentral.com

11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I had noluck searching here but did find out that the TV is actually a Marantz unit. Hyundai had been making them for years and finally put their own label on it.

Anyway... the hunt is still on.

· Registered
5,747 Posts
Datoupee said:
Yep, I tried the Marantz codes. They didn't work. And the search goes on.
Over at tivocommunity.com there is a member there named "edmund". He's like a remote guru (actually, i thinks that's in his signature). He actually helped me w/ a kids Mickey Mouse TV a couple of months ago. Maybe if you post over there he can help you.

11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
HDTVsportsfan said:
Over at tivocommunity.com there is a member there named "edmund". He's like a remote guru (actually, i thinks that's in his signature). He actually helped me w/ a kids Mickey Mouse TV a couple of months ago. Maybe if you post over there he can help you.
Thanks.. I don't have a username there. Any chance you can post a link to this thread on my behalf ?

· Hall Of Fame
13,446 Posts
Datoupee said:
Previously, I was using the H20 receiver and noticed that the menu interface was nice and crisp with very sharp text. The HR20 DVR seems to have menus that are a bit faded with washed out text. (Not nearly as crisp as before). Is there something different with these ?
Did you set the resolution the same on both receivers? Also, are you using the same input on your TV?

11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jeremy W said:
Did you set the resolution the same on both receivers? Also, are you using the same input on your TV?
It's just the color of the menu is a lighter shade of blue. No big deal I guess... anyway of switching menu colors on the HR20 ?

· Registered
5,747 Posts
Datoupee said:
Thanks.. I don't have a username there. Any chance you can post a link to this thread on my behalf ?
I don't mind doing a quick look over there. However, it was not a specifc thread to refer to. Just like over here, you just need to ask the question. I came accross a remote/TV question thread and basically stepped in (politely-:p ) and asked the question about my remote/TV codes.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I'm not sure how well it will go over asking about an HR20 box on a TIVO site. Maybe you can create an aco**** and PM the guy. He seems nice enough. He'll either help you or ignore you.

11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
HDTVsportsfan said:
I don't mind doing a quick look over there. However, it was not a specifc thread to refer to. Just like over here, you just need to ask the question. I came accross a remote/TV question thread and basically stepped in (politely-:p ) and asked the question about my remote/TV codes.

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I'm not sure how well it will go over asking about an HR20 box on a TIVO site. Maybe you can create an aco**** and PM the guy. He seems nice enough. He'll either help you or ignore you.
Many thanks for that !!! I am unable to bring myself to sign up over there. I don't want to be on anymore newslists. Maybe I'll email DirectV.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.