DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Mentor
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a weird problem with my HR10-250.

Recently two of my OTA channels were recently changed. I found out because the channels would not come through. So I decided to rescan and it found the two channels although with slightly different titles. No biggie.

Well the two older channels are now listed along with the two newer ones. So I go to the channel list and deselected both. They both still remain in the channel guide.

The other problem I have is these two new channels are not having their guide info updated at all. Its been a few days now and it continues to say 'regular schedule". The two older channels have the guide info that I can see.

So how do I get the guide to list the correct channels and update the guide info so I can record with these two channels?

·
Registered
5,800 Posts
You're not alone:
http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=73643
http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?t=333068

The problem is with the data D* is transmitting to map your OTA locals to the guide data. Apparently, on Dec. 19 they decided to "update" the channel mapping data that gets transmitted and screwed up things nationwide. It hit me that date on all 3 of my receivers - all different models (HR10-250, HR20 and H20).

The solution for the HR10-250 and H20 is to rescan and use the newly found channels until D* gets the data corrected. There is no way to scan for the HR20, so that receiver is out of luck until the data is corrected. Once you rescan, your guide will list your incorrectly mapped OTA with the program guide info (that you can no longer tune) and the scanned OTA without any programming data (be nice if there was a way to manually merge these two from the box). Oh, the scanned OTA will not update b/c the guide info D* is using has the wrong channel mapping data so they won't even know the scanned OTA exists until they get the guide mapping data corrected.

Hopefully D* will get this fixed soon, but it looks unlikely that it will happen prior to the 31st.....

·
Mentor
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the info. Sorry for not looking closer on the issue though. This time of year I do what I can online before moving on. With two kids its tough to juggle it all.

Who Dat? by the way. I'm on the Gulf Coast. Channel 8 was one of the channels effected.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.