DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Cool Member
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an HR22-700. I have the HD dish / 5 LNB. My signal to 119 is blocked due to trees but it doesn't bother me because nothing I receive comes from that sat. I get the hourly Error Retrieving Guide Data. After 7 hours the messages goes back to 1 hour.

Now with the new guide installed / software update the message goes up to 10 hours. After I receive the 10 hours with no guide data message another message pops up titled "Reset Needed". I have no choice. The receiver then reboots itself even if something is recording. I have not found a way to shut this off. Any advice would be appreciated. I am in an apartment and cannot move the dish or trim the tree.

·
Geek til I die
9,821 Posts
gary2381 said:
I have an HR22-700. I have the HD dish / 5 LNB. My signal to 119 is blocked due to trees but it doesn't bother me because nothing I receive comes from that sat.
Nothing except the guide data :)

To solve your problem, replace your LNB with a SL3, and rerun satellite setup. Then all guide data will come from 101 and end your errors.
The only other option is to keep one tuner on a channel on the 101 satellite.

·
Super Moderator
42,754 Posts
Davenlr said:
Nothing except the guide data :)

To solve your problem, replace your LNB with a SL3, and rerun satellite setup. Then all guide data will come from 101 and end your errors.
The only other option is to keep one tuner on a channel on the 101 satellite.
Or a channel off the 99 SAT, but the LNB swap it a "no brainer"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.