DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· AllStar
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As we all know, the HR10-250 can present both HD resoltuions, as well as SD. I have a few questions.

- Without there being a "native" mode, does it really make difference?

- I like to try and watch shows in their native resolution. Am I forced to change for every show? My guess is yes with their being no native mode.

- Is there a way to leave it set to the mode selected. Watched the game last night with it set at 720p. Returned home, it was set at 1080i.

Thanks for your help.

· Icon
507 Posts
Are you using Video Settings/Output Format-UP Arrow Setup to control the output resolution? I use this and have checked only 480i and 1080i so that I can toggle between SD and HD format. When viewing a SD channel I have it set to 480i and HD channel set to 1080i. I can't see any difference between 720p and 1080i so I never use 720p. The advantage to using 480i setting for SD is that my monitor can use the Widezoom mode so that faces don't look stretched and also CC is displayed by the monitor.

· AllStar
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
hiker said:
Are you using Video Settings/Output Format-UP Arrow Setup to control the output resolution? I use this and have checked only 480i and 1080i so that I can toggle between SD and HD format. When viewing a SD channel I have it set to 480i and HD channel set to 1080i. I can't see any difference between 720p and 1080i so I never use 720p. The advantage to using 480i setting for SD is that my monitor can use the Widezoom mode so that faces don't look stretched and also CC is displayed by the monitor.
I was using the UP Arrow. I will fiddle with the 480i setting and see how it works with my monitor. Thanks for the suggestion.

· Godfather
530 Posts
hiker said:
The advantage to using 480i setting for SD is that my monitor can use the Widezoom mode so that faces don't look stretched and also CC is displayed by the monitor.
I never knew that! I will have to try it on my monitor. I have never been able to zoom an SD program because I didn't like the distortion.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.