DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Hall Of Fame
1,086 Posts
Really I think that the letters of complaint should be going to the network. The local station is going to have little ability to do anything other than spout a NAB party line. If the nets start getting a large number of I can't get your net at all they might start thinking about how they are losing viewers. Dishrich we musta been writing at the same time.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,086 Posts
They'll probably be waiting longer than THAT - Nexstar is so poor, you know & just can't afford to spend all that money. (at least that's what THEY are saying)[/QUOTE]

Boy can I relate. Nexstar's problem is that they have a s**t load of stations that they need to upgrade. They have 2 here in my area ABC,& CBS. Both or SD LP digital (mono audio) and won't be upgraded until nest year. Reason there won't be an upgrade until then is due to the fact that both of the towers have to be reinforced before they can go full power. Also inside the stations master control they are using to switchers that were built in the 70's. I know this due to the fact I interviewed for a job there and know the chief engineer. Both of these boards are just like one that I have had to rebuild. They litterally are so old that the company that makes them don't stock manuals or parts for them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.