DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Cool Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My HR-20 came with a non-working blue diode at the 1-o'clock position. It of course had no other effect on the overall operation, plus I have the unit behind a smoked-glass door so it really didn't bother me.

Then suddenly, after a month of operation, it just started working. How odd! The unit was not moved or otherwise changed beyond the software update. Hardware components don't usually just come back from the dead.

My Halloween (true) story...

· Godfather
485 Posts
I have the same issue but in the 7 o'clock position. Mine has never come back on, but like you I could care less. However, it is a testiment to D's manufacturing and quality control, or lack thereof.

· Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
The one that came back to life probably has a bad solder joint that supplies power to the diode--don't be surprised if it dies again.

Which also means it could very well have been working when it left the factory.

· Icon
731 Posts
The particular LED that is out just shows with studio is recording you as you are watching TV. If they are all on, no one is watching you. So don't EVER turn the LED eye off... because you are then unintentionally broadcasting your image to all 12 stations.

· Godfather
340 Posts
Slyster said:
The particular LED that is out just shows with studio is recording you as you are watching TV. If they are all on, no one is watching you. So don't EVER turn the LED eye off... because you are then unintentionally broadcasting your image to all 12 stations.
:lol:LOL:lol:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.