DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Godfather
353 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I had an old H20 on my account. DTV updated it for me to the H25. (This is a spare emergency receiver to be used if a hard drive dies on one of my HDDVRs). They said a recovery kit would come. I never got it. 2 weeks later I called back and asked about the recovery kit. They said that they'd send another one out. I asked if maybe they don't want H20s coming back as the reason for not getting a recovery kit. The person checked and said that they do want them back.
Fast forward another 2 weeks and I still have no recovery kit. I haven't been charged for the receiver.
Does anyone know if DTV truly takes an H20 back? (no whole home would make me think that they aren't)
I am dreading calling back in since the last time, it took over 30 mins to figure out what was going on and to setup another recovery kit.

Thanks,

· Godfather
2,149 Posts
dinotheo said:
Hi all,
I had an old H20 on my account. DTV updated it for me to the H25. (This is a spare emergency receiver to be used if a hard drive dies on one of my HDDVRs). They said a recovery kit would come. I never got it. 2 weeks later I called back and asked about the recovery kit. They said that they'd send another one out. I asked if maybe they don't want H20s coming back as the reason for not getting a recovery kit. The person checked and said that they do want them back.
Fast forward another 2 weeks and I still have no recovery kit. I haven't been charged for the receiver.
Does anyone know if DTV truly takes an H20 back? (no whole home would make me think that they aren't)
I am dreading calling back in since the last time, it took over 30 mins to figure out what was going on and to setup another recovery kit.

Thanks,
When I deactivated my H20-600, the type that had overheating issues, they didn't want it back. They would likely want the -100 series ones back.

· Beware the Attack Basset
26,481 Posts
If they say they want it back, they establish the intention to charge you for non-return.

Sometimes they'll bill you even if you do return it. :(

If you can't afford the hit on your account, ask to speak to a supervisor. The front-line CSRs apparently aren't endowed/entrusted with the knowledge of what's going on down the line.

In the grand scheme, the OTA tuner is probably still a hot item with a small number of DIRECTV customers that are unserved by LIL coverage. At last check, DIRECTV still had more than two dozen markets without LIL of any kind and another dozen or so without HD LIL.

· Legend
224 Posts
I had an H20 that DIRECTV replaced with an HD DVR, and they did not want the H20 sent back to them. That was about 2 years ago. If they didn't want to have an H20 returned 2 years ago, it is hard to imagine that they would want them back now.

· Legend
233 Posts
"harsh" said:
If they say they want it back, they establish the intention to charge you for non-return.

Sometimes they'll bill you even if you do return it. :(

If you can't afford the hit on your account, ask to speak to a supervisor. The front-line CSRs apparently aren't endowed/entrusted with the knowledge of what's going on down the line.

In the grand scheme, the OTA tuner is probably still a hot item with a small number of DIRECTV customers that are unserved by LIL coverage. At last check, DIRECTV still had more than two dozen markets without LIL of any kind and another dozen or so without HD LIL.
Not to mention the lack of CW HD And subchannels like weather and retro tv. And if you're in st joe for example you get channels OTA that directv can't sell you like KMBC (ABC) Kansas city which blows KQTV away.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.