DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Legend
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In order to look at certain TV shows without seeing the black border I go to settings and adjust the HDTV settings. The the next day or next time after the receiver is woke up from it's sleep mode the setting some how sets back to the previous setting.

Why does this happen?

·
Legend
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
"Stewart Vernon" said:
Which settings are you talking about?

The ones in the menu that determine the type of TV connected? OR using the format (asterisk) button on the remote?
The one in the on screen menu. I did not know the asterisk has formatting properties.

·
EKB Editor
4,022 Posts
In the EPG the skip buttons move a day at a time (the 922 uses FF/Rew for day skip and the skip buttons do a 3-hour "page right/left" which other models don't have).

DVR list by Alpha: the number keys will take you to that letter in the list, for instance 5 will take you to J but you'll have to scroll to get to K and L. (not available on 922)

DVR list by Time: 1 and 0 take you to the top and bottom (Rew and FF on the 922)

·
Super Moderator
21,658 Posts
SeaBeagle said:
Thank you for that. I have had DISH Network like forever and never knew about the * setting.
You're welcome... I realize this doesn't technically answer your original question, and I'm not sure why those menu settings are resetting each morning... but maybe the use of the format button will be more reliable for what you are doing since I know that setting "sticks" and doesn't reset itself.

·
Legend
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
"Stewart Vernon" said:
You're welcome... I realize this doesn't technically answer your original question, and I'm not sure why those menu settings are resetting each morning... but maybe the use of the format button will be more reliable for what you are doing since I know that setting "sticks" and doesn't reset itself.
Thad did work thank you for the help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.