DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Remote Master
1,820 Posts
The av1 or av2 device has to be programmed with one of the following IR codes 00001, 00002, 00003, or 00004 before it will accept RF remote progamming. So:

1. av1 or av2
2. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
3. enter 0 0 0 0 1

4. press and hold MUTE & SELECT for two blinks
5. enter 9 6 1
6. press CH UP
7. enter the last 6 digits of the receiver ID #, found on a sticker in the access card compartment
8. press SELECT

· Godfather
264 Posts
I have the third remote, two RC64RB and one RC32RF, and not anyone of them work like they should,Imho, when they made the receiver they didn't build a strong enough signal in it.

· Legend
246 Posts
I have my HR21-700 set up that way without any problems. what receiver model have you seen the problem on?

· Icon
673 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Greyshadow2007 said:
I have my HR21-700 set up that way without any problems. what receiver model have you seen the problem on?
I have HR21-100 in Directv mode (RF) and HR21-200 in AV1 mode (RF). I thought 200 receiver was non responsive for RF but now I am thinking there might be some interference or AV mode is bad for RF. I have to play around a bit with different modes and remotes.

· Remote Master
1,820 Posts
calpolycrew said:
Can AV1 be used to control another RF component like say a Bose LS48, which has RF built in???
Sorry but no. the only RF frequency the white remotes know is its own which they use to communicate with recent directv receivers. It can't even control older RF directv receivers from RCA, Sony and Hughes via RF that is.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.