DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Cool Member
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey,

I have an HR22 and a R22 in the same room. When I got my RF remote, I programmed the HR22 as RF in the "directv" mode of the remote. The R22 was programmed RF in the AV1 mode of the remote. The R22 works great, works from the other end of the hallway and through several walls. The HR22 RF does not really work. In the same room, it barely picks up and out of that room you can forget it. Unless you are in front of the receiver it wont work. In face the IR on the HR box works better than the RF.

Is it the face I have one receiver sitting on the other or is the HR not a good choice for RF remote operation.

If anybody has any ideas I can try, let me know
Thanks

·
RF Engineer
4,324 Posts
I have an R22 set to RF and you have to just about be in the same room with it for the signal to be picked up. I have two R15-300's with external RF antennas and they can be controlled from anywhere in the house. I suspect the internal antenna in the R22/HR series leaves a lot to be desired.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.