DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Cool Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy. Before I say or ask anything let me state how helpful I have found this forum to be since finding it last week, and thank everybody who participates.

OK, now my question..(second one in 24 hours! LOL)

I just had my HR20 installed and said bye to the service tech.

I completed setting up my channels, and next wanted to change from IR to RF, since I've read here about the advantages of RF.

I went through the instructions, entered all the proper codes, and could not get the remote to work in RF mode. Repeated the process 3 times, since I can see how easy it would be to enter incorrect numbers. Still no dice. Had to reset back to IR on the reciever.

Any ideas or suggestions?

·
Registered
4,880 Posts
I believe the test for RF before it is stored in the remote is to push the channel up button to see if there is a response. Do you get any response from the HR20 when testing the RF setting before storing it?

Also, is your HR20 remote slider set all the way to the left (DirecTV mode)?

·
Cool Member
12 Posts
what model is the remote? will say in the top left corner. It should be the RC24. Are you using the one that came with the box?

·
Legend
114 Posts
my son had the hr20-100 installed yesterday, remote would not work at all. tech tried to make it work, but it did not respond. called direct tv. tech support, the wrong remotes are being put in with the hr20-100"s. it should be the rc32-rf remote. i can understand that considering where they are built.

·
Cool Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Got it.

I had the H20 non DVR reciever. The installer upgraded me to the HR20. He told me that the remotes were identical, and that I should put the new one away and just use the one I had been using.

Obviously they are not identical, since the H20 remote would not convert from IR to RF. The new one now works fine. Thanks!

·
Mentor
33 Posts
Bugtracker said:
Got it.

I had the H20 non DVR reciever. The installer upgraded me to the HR20. He told me that the remotes were identical, and that I should put the new one away and just use the one I had been using.

Obviously they are not identical, since the H20 remote would not convert from IR to RF. The new one now works fine. Thanks!
So which one is the right one? I have both the H20 and the HR20, the HR20's remote is the RC32? I may have mixed up the two.

·
Legend in his own mind...
324 Posts
Hmm... I wonder if I got the wrong remote in my HR20. It didn't have "RF" on the end of the product number.

Will have to call them and let them know.

·
Registered
5,651 Posts
I got the RC24 remote with both my H20 and HR20. That remote does IR and RF. I have read that some HR20s are now coming with the RC32 - that is I think just IR, there is an RC32RF also...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.