DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Legend
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is going on? Why are all of these much smaller DMAs getting HD locals before Richmond?

Is there a reason for this? Has Richmond local stations dropped the ball? Has D* decided Richmond isn't on the priority list?

WHAT IS THE DEAL??????

·
Hall Of Fame
1,500 Posts
It's more than just the DMA size that's figured in.... DirecTV also takes into account the % of DirecTV subscribers in the DMA.

Also, it looks like markets that get their SD locals from the 72.5 location are getting priority, as that satellite is going away soon.

My DMA (Fort Smith/Fayetteville, AR #101) is scheduled to get HD locals in November. We currently get SD locals from 72.5.

·
The Shadow Knows!
37,060 Posts
All things in good time, sir, all things in good time. I am sure you will get your locals soon.

·
Slacker
623 Posts
I know for a fact that NBC12 has already has a contract with DirecTV for their HD Signal. I haven't heard from the rest, but I am guessing since DirecTV is putting them up next month they have more than just one.

·
Godfather
309 Posts
There's more sat dishes in our DMA (42) than trees for what THAT is worth. At least you're before us!?

·
Godfather
382 Posts
You are obviously NOT speaking to me. Roanoke Va ain't even on the list and who knows now when they will be! D* certainly doesn't know or won't tell!

Stuart Sweet said:
All things in good time, sir, all things in good time. I am sure you will get your locals soon.

·
Legend
127 Posts
bigwad said:
You are obviously NOT speaking to me. Roanoke Va ain't even on the list and who knows now when they will be! D* certainly doesn't know or won't tell!
Directv claims that they will have over 120 HD markets by the end of the year. That means that over 50 smaller markets will have HD locals before us. It seems that Directv always finds a market in Virginia to discriminate. First it was Norfolk/Virginia Beach, now it's Roanoke.
If Dish had locals now, I'd not think twice before switching.

·
Godfather
425 Posts
darekd said:
Directv claims that they will have over 120 HD markets by the end of the year. That means that over 50 smaller markets will have HD locals before us. It seems that Directv always finds a market in Virginia to discriminate. First it was Norfolk/Virginia Beach, now it's Roanoke.
Do you really think any service provider discriminate customers? :uglyhamme

Before you reply, :icon_peac , I couldn't resist...

·
Icon
749 Posts
Rakul said:
I know for a fact that NBC12 has already has a contract with DirecTV for their HD Signal. I haven't heard from the rest, but I am guessing since DirecTV is putting them up next month they have more than just one.
All 5 station gm say Direct had their permission for the past 2 years. It's up to D*.

·
Icon
749 Posts
darekd said:
Dish, FIOS, and Comcast carries Richmond locals in HD. If I didn't get my sunday ticket for free I don't think I would stay.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.