DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Hall Of Fame
21,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having intermittant problems with my right mouse clicks the past few days. It is a wireless mouse and the receiver light indicates that it is receiving the signal (about 3' away). It will work for a while and then for no reason that I can determine it will suddenly stop. Have any of our gurus heard of anything that could cause such a problem? Hopefully not a virus.

· Godfather
253 Posts
Maybe the hardware ie. the plastic driving the 3rd mouse button is failing??? Maybe baterries or charging issue. Really doubt it's a virus. Good luck!

· Old Guys Rule!
5,048 Posts
I'm assuming the mouse isn't too old. First thing I'd try is new batteries. If that doesn't cure the problem, try reestablishing communications between the mouse and receiver. If still no fix, try driver reinstall. Beyond that, could be bad mouse. :mad:

· Native American Potentate
8,308 Posts
I hae heard of viruses that disable inputs from certain keys so disabling a mouse click is not altogether out of the question. Still i would try all of the remedies cited above. My only addition would bea though virus scan.

Good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.