DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
AllStar
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it looks like my second HR20 has DIED or gone mad. While it was recording two shows, I pressed the list button, selected the other show that it was recording, got the time bar but the recording did not start. The unit locked up solid. After the wife got done asking why did we switch to DTV, I pressed the reset button.

The unit had software 0xE3 and got stock in a re-boot loop. Welcome screen, Just a few more seconds, blank screen then back to the Welcome screen.

I tried the reformat key combo of holding down the record and down arrow on the front panel of the unit when it gets to the just a few more seconds screen but after the screen goes black and I get the welcome screen the rec light does not blink. Heck, I even tried to force a new software download and it received 00EF but it's still in a loop. So needles to say I'm 80 mins into this hell and the unit is still in a loop.

Is there a HR20 Whisperer I can call?

DTV support was useless. They are going to try to send me a box if one is available.

DTV, this is a freaking joke!!! Bring back TIVO!

:mad: Jerry:mad:
Clearwater, FL

·
Banned
614 Posts
vlj9r said:
Well it looks like my second HR20 has DIED or gone mad. While it was recording two shows, I pressed the list button, selected the other show that it was recording, got the time bar but the recording did not start. The unit locked up solid. After the wife got done asking why did we switch to DTV, I pressed the reset button.

The unit had software 0xE3 and got stock in a re-boot loop. Welcome screen, Just a few more seconds, blank screen then back to the Welcome screen.

I tried the reformat key combo of holding down the record and down arrow on the front panel of the unit when it gets to the just a few more seconds screen but after the screen goes black and I get the welcome screen the rec light does not blink. Heck, I even tried to force a new software download and it received 0xF3 but it's still in a loop. So needles to say I'm 80 mins into this hell and the unit is still in a loop.

Is there a HR20 Whisperer I can call?

DTV support was useless. They are going to try to send me a box if one is available.

DTV, this is a freaking joke!!! Bring back TIVO!

:mad: Jerry:mad:
Clearwater, FL
:lol:

·
Banned
4,642 Posts
DA/REC doesn't work during the "just a few more minutes screen". You must wait until that screen turns black, then press DA/REC and hold it until the REC light comes on (4-8 seconds). If that process doesn't work then dead HD.

·
AllStar
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Wolffpack said:
DA/REC doesn't work during the "just a few more minutes screen". You must wait until that screen turns black, then press DA/REC and hold it until the REC light comes on (4-8 seconds). If that process doesn't work then dead HD.
It's DEAD! The REC light fails to come on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.