DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

· Administrator
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Atmosphere Azure Font Sky Aqua

They wanted to send me a mini but when I told them I needed a box with its own tuners and recording list, they said they'd send another DVR.

· Premium Member
3,783 Posts
I have an HR24 with an error 775 but they won't send me any kind of box. Must send a tech out even though the box gives me the error 775 in 3 different rooms while two other receivers work in those same 3 rooms so it is definitely the HR24 that is bad but you can't talk logic to those morons. And they assured me he will replace the HR24 with another HR24 if that is what is bad. I know he won't have another HR24 with him. Good luck to you though.

· Icon
1,758 Posts
I have an HR24 with an error 775 but they won't send me any kind of box. Must send a tech out even though the box gives me the error 775 in 3 different rooms while two other receivers work in those same 3 rooms so it is definitely the HR24 that is bad but you can't talk logic to those morons. And they assured me he will replace the HR24 with another HR24 if that is what is bad. I know he won't have another HR24 with him. Good luck to you though.
They will have one or can get one at least.

· Premium Member
3,783 Posts
They will have one or can get one at least.
We will see. Advanced support called me today to try to fix the issue so they don't have to send a tech out and when they found out the box doesn't work in multiple locations while other receivers do they said they would send me a genie client. I told them I didn't want a client because I lose 3 tuners if i replace the HR24 with a client. So they are checking to see if they can send me an HR24. Pretty sure they will tell me they can't (won't). A week ago when I called they told me they could give me an HR24 and then changed their mind and said they would have to send a tech out to see what the issue is even though I told them I already knew what the issue is. I'm trying to save them a service tech visit if they would just ship me an HR24/It is like trying to pull teeth.

· Go Pack Go!!!!
2,777 Posts
It’s never a few minutes with the nature of the subject matter- on average it’s easily 40 minutes plus for each call and endless transfers.

· Premium Member
3,783 Posts
You should try many times without hesitation! What cost will it to you ? Just a few minutes for a call or writing a message... be persistent and you'll be rewarded (y)
I have already tried many times. The first time I was promised they would ship me an HR24 and it would arrive within 3 business days and all I would have to do is activate it and send the old one back in the box they would provide. Before that call ended I got a notification that they had scheduled a tech visit and then they told me they can't complete the order with a tech visit which I said I did not want a tech visit so that CSR transferred me to his supervisor where he also stated they could not complete the order with scheduling a tech visit so I declined that and decided to try again later. So when I tried again later they just said upfront I will have to have a tech visit and the tech would replace it with an HR24. Why am i skeptical with that? Back when they showed up to upgrade me to 4K they showed up without the proper equipment to do that (HR54 and C61K). So my appointment is scheduled for this coming Sunday between 8:00 am and noon. But they then called me yesterday from Advanced Support to try to resolve this issue so they don't have to send a tech out. I said "GREAT". Send me an HR24 and I will replace it myself. This was not a call from the USA. I could barely understand the person talking. So they said they could send me an HR24 and stay on the line so they could place the order. Then she came back and said they would have to send me a client and there would be a charge of $99 and new 2 year commitment since this is considered an upgrade. I said no I do not want an upgrade and that I wanted teh HR24 replaced with another HR24 as per the protection plan that I have. So then she said she would have to send an email to someone else to see if they can authorize sending an HR24 to me if they even have one they can send me and she would call me back later. An hour later she called back and needed the ID number of the receiver I need replaced. I gave her that and she said she would now send the email and call me back when she gets an answer. I am still waiting on that call. And I assure you I have already been on the phone multiple times for more than a few minutes and I am still no closer to getting a replacement HR24 than I was when this all started.

· Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Sounds promising ... at least you have continuation of the process :) let's wait little more - getting the HR24 is rewarding ! (y)
To be honest I have my doubts about even getting that call back. I can count on one finger the amount of times they have promised a call back and actually called me back. And even if they do call back I will be shocked if it is with the answer I want to hear.

· Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Oh I will still have the tech visit unless they agree to send me an HR24.

And I think I am having an HR24 apocalypse right now. I just found out another HR24 has only one working tuner. Restart hasn't helped it.

· AllStar
99 Posts
View attachment 32643

They wanted to send me a mini but when I told them I needed a box with its own tuners and recording list, they said they'd send another DVR.

I got error 14-923 a few days ago on the same screen you showed.

Like you, they wanted to schedule an install of a Mini, but I told them I needed a replacement HR24. I was told one would be sent via Fedex. But a little later I got a notice that a Mini install had been scheduled. Contacted them again and was told I needed to "upgrade" to the Mini, since HR24s were no longer available. I had them cancel the install.

I'm going to see if an external drive "resurrects" the HR24. If not, I'll drop it from my account.

Please let us know if you actually get a replacement HR24...

· Administrator
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Still waiting for UPS. Is there a breakdown on the pros & cons of a mini vs a HR24?

· Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Well you lose 2 tuners from the HR24 and the client steals a tuner from your Genie server (HR44 or HR54) so you actually lose 2 physical tuners plus a tuner from the Genie server that now has to be used by the client. If you have plenty of tuners without the HR24 you might as well go with the client.

· Administrator
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
There are times when the HR44 is recording 4-5 shows at once and this family room HR24 was also recording the wife's stuff so I wouldn't want to lose any tuners and I don't want the playlists to mix. There's also a 3rd DVR in the bedroom (HR24) that does its own recording.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts