DBSTalk Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

· Premium Member
3,783 Posts
I'm in the same boat which is why I am trying so hard to get the HR24 instead of a client. And just today another HR24 lost one of its two tuners so I probably will need two HR24's replaced. I'll be up a creek without a paddle if all I can get is a client.

· Administrator
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
New HR24 received & activated. They did make it seem like having the protection plan had something to do with getting a 1:1 replacement without any hassle.

· Premium Member
3,783 Posts
I have the protection plan and am having a hassle getting an HR24. Still waiting on the promised call back today.
Well surprising to me I got the call back and even more surprising they tell me they are sending me an HR24 but they still want to schedule a tech visit. Well it is their money so go ahead I guess. It is supposed to take 3 to 5 business days to get it and with holiday I don't expect it until at least Tuesday or maybe even Wednesday so they changed the tech visit to Tuesday and if it isn't here by then they will have to change the tech visit. If I get it I am going to hook it up and activate it and as long as it is working I will just cancel the tech appointment.

· Go Pack Go!!!!
2,777 Posts
Just got a UPS notification a package from DirecTV is supposed to be here tomorrow. :oops: Hope it is the right one. LOL
I am sitting here on pins and needles awaiting your result! Let us know if your as lucky as the site’s Administrator. 👍

· Administrator
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
HR24 received and activated...now on to the other HR24 that only has one tuner working.

Did they tell you that need to return the old HR24? Mine only has instruction to recycle it.
Yeah I dropped it off at the UPS store. No need to package it. They said UPS, FedEx, or USPS was fine.

· Premium Member
3,783 Posts
That is what they said for my HR54 last week and I had to send it back but the HR24 that came today only had instructions to recycle it. Never said anything about returning it. I assume because yours had an error message indicating it was the hard drive so they may want those back to replace the hard drive. Mine just had an error 775 and could never boot up fully from 3 different rooms so maybe that is why they don't want it back. I will stick it in a closet in case they try to hit me with a non-return fee.

· Administrator
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
I had recycling instructions in the box too but they told me on the phone to drop it off so I did that rather than face a fee months from now.

· Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Thanks. No one told me to return it. They are supposed to call me Monday to see if I got the HR24 so I will ask them about it then. Also I don't have a local UPS or FedEx store. I have to send everything back vis USPS and they are supposed to include a prepaid label for USPS if I was supposed to return it. There was return USPS label with it today.

· Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Actually I was having some SWM issues and after resetting practically everything except the kitchen sink all of my receivers (7) and all of my tuners (14) are working now. I don't dare touch anything again.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts