DBSTalk Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Legend/Supporter
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I never read any Robin Hood books nor saw any tv shows or movies of it either. I started watching the BBC series and got hooked. I was quite surprised they killed off Marian. Was she killed in the books? I thought for sure Robin would kill Guy before he got to Marian. Can't wait til the next season to start.

· Legend
145 Posts
In the 70's movie "Robin and Marion" which starred Sean Connery both Robin and Marion died at the end of the movie. In other movies and TV series, I don't believe that Marion was killed.

Next season should be interesting. Makes you wonder if Gisborne will survive the first episode. Also according to news, they've introduced a new female character.

BTW, my wife was really bummed out that they killed her off.:(

· Legend
207 Posts
Well crap. I wasn't expecting that. Have been avoiding this thread till I finished season 2 on dvd and wow...just wow.

Good series, however and I will most definitely watch season three. I understand Jonas Armstrong will leave the series after season three so that'll probably be all as I can't imagine them replacing Robin with another actor.

Also, Richard Armitage will be in the new series of Spooks (MI-5), replacing Rupert Penry-Jones so I'm not sure he'll be doing much RH either.

I love this series so will be sorry to see it end but in true Brit fashion, they quit while they're ahead so nothing lasts very long.

· Godfather
354 Posts
The new episode of Robin Hood came out over the weekend. Friar Tuck is introduced in the first episode of the third season. Robin almost give up being an outlaw since the end of last season. Robin was hell bent on killing Gisborne.

Yeah, I can't see this show lasting after this season when Jonas quits. I didn't think it would come back either after Marian died.

· Icon
534 Posts
Art7220 said:
The new episode of Robin Hood came out over the weekend. Friar Tuck is introduced in the first episode of the third season. Robin almost give up being an outlaw since the end of last season. Robin was hell bent on killing Gisborne.

Yeah, I can't see this show lasting after this season when Jonas quits. I didn't think it would come back either after Marian died.
I didn't see a new episode listed this weekend and there's no listing in the DTV guide or on the BBCA web site.

What am I missing?

· Icon
623 Posts
It is scheduled to come back to us in the states "this summer" My guess would be in June. Only fitting I guess we get a lot more shows shown here first and the Brits have to wait weeks if not months for them to cross. We just got new Graham Norton's a week or two ago but they seem to be shown a little closer to the original date now, used to be a month or more delay.

Anyway back on topic I have been wondering if a Friar Tuck would be introduced, should be interesting.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.