DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Icon
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, perhaps my first experience of oddity with this HR, I am a newbie,, less than a week. Watching this movie, all is fine thruout, it is near the end, just as she is going to rock the babys cradle, is she going to kill the baby? OR what? DOn't know! Suddenly it popped up asking me if I want to delete it!!!! Maddening to miss the end, but more significantly, whassup?? Is this typical, it apparetnly did not record the entire movie. It was on HDNet and said to run 2h15mins which is where it stopped.

So I guess the best bet is to record every movie and tell it to stop 15 mins after or some such? How frustrating! Is this a isolated incident, or typical?

Other than this, I have been having pretty good luck, and not sure if this thing happens a lot with recording? I'd appreciate some input.
THanks. :nono2:

·
You make it, We break it
4,722 Posts
Holmes,
The movie ends with her rocking the cradle (you never see the baby BTW). ;)
Seems like you were only about 30 seconds or less short. Probably a timing issue with HDNET. Great film BTW.

(I might be concerned about spoiling the ending but this film was made in 1967 - Roman Polansky directed if anyone cares - good film.)

·
Charter Gold Club Member
22,056 Posts
Perhaps it was caused by ESP*, a recent, but little known software update.

*Evil Scene Preventer :goodandba

·
Icon
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Canis Lupus said:
Holmes,
Seems like you were only about 30 seconds or less short. Probably a timing issue with HDNET. Great film BTW.

(I might be concerned about spoiling the ending but this film was made in 1967 - Roman Polansky directed if anyone cares - good film.)
Ah I didn't miss much then. Yes she was just on her way to the cradle. I thought maybe she was going to kill it LOL Yes it was an excellent movie. I saw it years ago when it came out, I'm a 'child of the 60s', so naturally don't remember the movie, or a lot of other stuff :lol:

I think it may have won best movie, but not sure. Yup Roman Polanski, I thik hes the guy who was married to the stunning Sharon Tate, who was one of those killed by Charlie.

Apparetnly it was hdnet then. I guess to be safe I will add 5 or 10 mins to movies just in case.
Thansk to all for the replies.

·
You make it, We break it
4,722 Posts
No prob. BTW I recorded and watched it and I got it all so it was probably an HDNET issue and not your HR-20's issue. Maybe try a couple more before going through the "padding" trouble. If it continues, you might need to troubleshoot further.

Yes and it is Roman Polanski (not Polansky). My bad..

"The big-budget horror film received two Academy Award nominations: one for Polanski's Best Adapted Screenplay, and Ruth Gordon won the Best Supporting Actress award for her performance as one of the well-meaning, 'normal' NYC neighbors."

This film was actually part of a "series" he did beginning in 1965. Anyway - you saw enough. ;)

·
Hall Of Fame
2,014 Posts
Canis Lupus said:
Holmes,
I seem to recall that you do see the eyes and they're just like the father's. ;)

That movie's almost 40 years old and it's still disturbing.

My HR10 cut off the end off "The Sentinel" when it was on UHD a couple of months back.

·
You make it, We break it
4,722 Posts
Crap. Maybe I had too many Molson's by then :) Sorry to the OP. Thanks bidger. "The Sentinel" was the 1965 film right and then after Rosemary's Baby it was "The Tenant"? Anyway - Roman's a freak but a great director. :)

bidger said:
I seem to recall that you do see the eyes and they're just like the father's. ;)

That movie's almost 40 years old and it's still disturbing.

My HR10 cut off the end off "The Sentinel" when it was on UHD a couple of months back.

·
Hall Of Fame
2,014 Posts
No, "The Sentinel" isn't a Polanski film and it's from 1977. The only similarity to R's Baby is that they both involve vulnerable young women with creepy tenants in NYC and for whatever reason(s), the endings got clipped on 2 different DVRs.

ETA: I thought "The Tenant" sounded familiar, so I did a lookup on imdb and that's a very highly rated film Polanski did around the start of his exile. The 1965 film of his you had in mind was "Repulsion".

·
Hall Of Fame
4,873 Posts
I recorded "Rosemary's Baby" a month or two ago and my recording stopped at the same point as the original poster's recording.

That led to me padding EVERYTHING.

I got it on the second try, though.

·
You make it, We break it
4,722 Posts
Yes that was it. Thanks bidger.

bidger said:
No, "The Sentinel" isn't a Polanski film and it's from 1977. The only similarity to R's Baby is that they both involve vulnerable young women with creepy tenants in NYC and for whatever reason(s), the endings got clipped on 2 different DVRs.

ETA: I thought "The Tenant" sounded familiar, so I did a lookup on imdb and that's a very highly rated film Polanski did around the start of his exile. The 1965 film of his you had in mind was "Repulsion".

·
Icon
765 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
paulman182 said:
I recorded "Rosemary's Baby" a month or two ago and my recording stopped at the same point as the original poster's recording.

That led to me padding EVERYTHING.

I got it on the second try, though.
Well seems I did miss seing the baby. WIll keep my eyes posted for future showing and pad it 10 mins. The things we have to put up with in life! :D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.