DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Banned
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Called DTV, they gave me the run around, denied this had ever happened to anybody, so they lied to me. That made me angry. But I really only showed it after they played the hold game with me for an hour. This company really has gone to pot customer service wise. Not quite as bad as most cable companies, but compared to what they used to be and what I expect, the impact is actually worse. With cable you expect dirtball treatment.

In any event their solutions were drastic, like the ones suggested here. Get a new HR20 or reformat the disk. and lose everything I have. Instead of all that I just hung up on them in frustration and tried a normal reset. The shows I ahd left to go through from the weekend started playing and the partials from tonight did too. So try that first. Not sure if it'll work. But all my shows were not playing before, and the 3 I had left post new download played after the normal reset.

· Hall Of Fame
2,017 Posts
Yeah, my unwatchables were still unwatchable after a reset. On mine though, I had programs that were fine mixed in with unwatchables. And there was no pattern, like all mpeg 4 locals were unwatchable. I think the 3 things I had record last night worked, so hopefully the reset (and the new EF when I get it) will fix this new bug for me.

· Legend
226 Posts
This is really weird, mine stopped working from Friday on also. Red Button reset fixed it (for now). Why would it work for two days after the update then stop?

· Banned
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Who knows, but what set me off was I called DTV after reading about the problem here and them pying to me claiming they never heard of this problem ever, then admitting they had lied when I told them I had read about on message boards and that I had not told them it was a common bug because I had problems with them being less than honest in the past. Their drastic solutions in the past had always resulted in large charges for service calls and stuuf on my bills, etc. and they were almost always later not necc, then the phone game began, finally I hung up and this worked. It was a late night call so the dufus factor was high and they really did not want me to speak to supervisor for some odd reason. even kept me on hold for way lonegr than the normal cool down delay game, so long I hung up and called back. Lied to me about their system being down for several hours which I caught them in because when I called back it was magically not down, weird. But this fixed it, it just never occured to because everyone here said it was a serious bug, and it probably never occured to them because they thought or knew it was too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.