DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

· Godfather
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got off the phone with a Individual from Echostar whos job title is EXECUTIVE RESOULTION TEAM after sending this e-mail to [email protected]:

I am going to just cut to the chase; NOT ALLOWING CUSTOMERS WITH DISH ABSOLUTE TO RECEIVE THEIR LOCAL REGIONAL SPORTS Networks IS GOING TO BE A LOSE LOSE DECISION FOR ECHOSTAR.
Is Echostar willing to lose its Customers over not allowing RSN to be purchased with The Dish Absolute pkg.?
I have been with Dish almost 9 years faithfully. I love HD. Most of my previous SD Channels were nearly unwatchable because I have a 55 inch television. The HD is stunning.
I am asking Echostar to reconsider their policy concerning locking out Dish Absolute Customers from purchasing the Regional Sports Network. How can this be a good move for Echostar?
We the Consumer are willing to pay the 5.99 a month.
Are you willing to lose thousands of Customers to Directv over 5.99 a month? If Echostar goes through with this Aug. 1 2008, It will cause many of your loyal, faithful Customers to "jump ship".
I ask Echostar to please reconsider allowing Customers with The Dish Absolute Package to purchase there RSN.

Thank you

Account Holder:

Account Number:

Home phone ____________

I WAS TOLD BY THIS INDIVIDUAL THAT I SHOULD BE RECEIVING MY LOCAL RSN CHANNEL IN THE DISH ABSOLUTE PKG. HE SAID HE WOULD FIND OUT WHY I WAS NOT RECEIVING MY SOUTHWEST RSN CHANNELS. IS HE RIGHT? IS ANYONE RECEIVING THERE LOCAL RSN CHANNELS IN HD or SD WITH THE DISH ABSOLUTE PKG?
HE IS SUPPOSE TO CONTACT ME BACK WITH A ANSWER

· Legend
276 Posts
smackman said:
I just got off the phone with a Individual from Echostar whos job title is EXECUTIVE RESOULTION TEAM after sending this e-mail to [email protected]:

I am going to just cut to the chase; NOT ALLOWING CUSTOMERS WITH DISH ABSOLUTE TO RECEIVE THEIR LOCAL REGIONAL SPORTS Networks IS GOING TO BE A LOSE LOSE DECISION FOR ECHOSTAR.
Is Echostar willing to lose its Customers over not allowing RSN to be purchased with The Dish Absolute pkg.?
I have been with Dish almost 9 years faithfully. I love HD. Most of my previous SD Channels were nearly unwatchable because I have a 55 inch television. The HD is stunning.
I am asking Echostar to reconsider their policy concerning locking out Dish Absolute Customers from purchasing the Regional Sports Network. How can this be a good move for Echostar?
We the Consumer are willing to pay the 5.99 a month.
Are you willing to lose thousands of Customers to Directv over 5.99 a month? If Echostar goes through with this Aug. 1 2008, It will cause many of your loyal, faithful Customers to "jump ship".
I ask Echostar to please reconsider allowing Customers with The Dish Absolute Package to purchase there RSN.

Thank you

Account Holder:

Account Number:

Home phone ____________

I WAS TOLD BY THIS INDIVIDUAL THAT I SHOULD BE RECEIVING MY LOCAL RSN CHANNEL IN THE DISH ABSOLUTE PKG. HE SAID HE WOULD FIND OUT WHY I WAS NOT RECEIVING MY SOUTHWEST RSN CHANNELS. IS HE RIGHT? IS ANYONE RECEIVING THERE LOCAL RSN CHANNELS IN HD or SD WITH THE DISH ABSOLUTE PKG?
HE IS SUPPOSE TO CONTACT ME BACK WITH A ANSWER
RSN channels are NOT availalbe in HD Absolute package. Not sure what this guy is talking about but he's clearly un-informed. This may change after 8/1 (however I doubt it), but regardless, right now AT100+ or higher required for RSN.

· Godfather
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats exactly what I explained to him and he insisted that I should be receiving my RSN channels right now. He even named off the channel numbers.
Ths crazy thing is they do contact me by phone after I sent this email and they spew out wrong,misleading,inaccurate, etc. information.
This is really getting to be a problem with me. College football is less than a month away.

· Godfather
430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Now I receive this e-mail:

Dear Mr.________,

Thank you for your email and bringing your concern to our attention.

Thank you for your feedback and understanding through these times of change. DISH Network strives to be the leader in HD programming and we are going to be rolling out some new HD packages to help achieve this. DISH Turbo HD will be launching on 8/1/2008. As of this time these new HD programming packages are only available to new customers. Please be patient as we will be rolling these packages out in phases and they will be available to existing customers come 2/1/2009. Please stay tuned to dishnetwork.com for any future HD launchings.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you and please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Thanks,

{name removed}

DISH Network Corporation

Executive Communications

Phone: {number removed}

{name removed}@echostar.com

· Icon
506 Posts
No, nobody is receiving RSN with HD Absolute, but if you do somehow get it I'd like the number of the guy you talked to! :D It really hurts me especially when at least half of the games I want to see are in HD anyway, I'm really not getting "HD Absolute" if I can't see them... :(

· Legend
237 Posts
I wonder if 2/1/09 will be the day HD Absolute goes away and is replaced by the Turbo packages.

At least there is a date now for those that want HD only and RSNs and are current subscribers.

· Legend
179 Posts
smackman said:
Now I receive this e-mail:

Dear Mr.________,

Thank you for your email and bringing your concern to our attention.

Thank you for your feedback and understanding through these times of change. DISH Network strives to be the leader in HD programming and we are going to be rolling out some new HD packages to help achieve this. DISH Turbo HD will be launching on 8/1/2008. As of this time these new HD programming packages are only available to new customers. Please be patient as we will be rolling these packages out in phases and they will be available to existing customers come 2/1/2009. Please stay tuned to dishnetwork.com for any future HD launchings.

I apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused you and please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Thanks,

{name removed}

DISH Network Corporation

Executive Communications

Phone: {number removed}

{name removed}@echostar.com
I like the way he addressed your concern about the Absolute pkg. by totally side stepping the issue and going a different direction. That seems to be a common practice these days. I' am also not surprised that he gave you completely false information to begin with. Before I switched to the Absolute pkg. a few months ago I called E* to compare packages and find out how much I would save by going to the Absolute. I ended up talking to three CSR's who each gave me different answers. I also had to remind each one of them to add in the dvr fee, second receiver, etc.

I love the Absolute pkg. (except for the fact that I can't get the BTN with it), my equipment and E* in general but with respect to their marketing and cust. service it definately seems like the right hand doesn't speak with the left.

· Legend
152 Posts
smackman said:
Thats exactly what I explained to him and he insisted that I should be receiving my RSN channels right now. He even named off the channel numbers.
Ths crazy thing is they do contact me by phone after I sent this email and they spew out wrong,misleading,inaccurate, etc. information.
This is really getting to be a problem with me. College football is less than a month away.
So are you departing for D*? I'm in the same boat, FWIW... I made the move to HD Absolute late last night and will certainly lament the ability to watch various college FB- many in HD- on the myriad Fox Sports regional channels this fall.

· Mentor
44 Posts
mhowie said:
So are you departing for D*? I'm in the same boat, FWIW... I made the move to HD Absolute late last night and will certainly lament the ability to watch various college FB- many in HD- on the myriad Fox Sports regional channels this fall.
Now that 8/1 has passed and HD absolute package does seem to get all HD, I think it is time to really push this RSN issue. In reality, it is very much to E* advantage to give all HD Absolute folks the ability to get RSNs for 5 or 10 bucks. It is free money to them and will keep bailing out to D*. I can see their logic for waiting until after 8/1, but no logic anymore.

Who is the right person and / or the right phone numbers to start complaining? We all know about the squeeky wheel effect.

Mike

· Godfather
375 Posts
OK I am a D* subscriber now and the Turbo HD packages that Dish has interests me.
I see they have a Turbo HD sports package can anyone tell me what the price is on this to add it to one of the Turbo Packages.;)

· Icon
324 Posts
upnorth said:
OK I am a D* subscriber now and the Turbo HD packages that Dish has interests me.
I see they have a Turbo HD sports package can anyone tell me what the price is on this to add it to one of the Turbo Packages.;)
I'm pretty sure it's 5.99

· Godfather
375 Posts
kal915 said:
I'm pretty sure it's 5.99
Thanks $5.99 for the Sports Package I imagine the DVR fee is also $5.99 so it works out to where I could save around $11.00 a month compared to what I am paying with D* now and would get all the RSN's but would loose all those xtra SD channels but I do not watch them anyways that's why I like the idea of the HD only package.
My commitment with D* is up in October I will have to think about this one.;)

· Legend
276 Posts
upnorth said:
Thanks $5.99 for the Sports Package I imagine the DVR fee is also $5.99 so it works out to where I could save around $11.00 a month compared to what I am paying with D* now and would get all the RSN's but would loose all those xtra SD channels but I do not watch them anyways that's why I like the idea of the HD only package.
My commitment with D* is up in October I will have to think about this one.;)
Keep in mind that most sporting events taking place on RSN's other than the one specified for your region are often blacked out.

· Godfather
375 Posts
anex80 said:
Keep in mind that most sporting events taking place on RSN's other than the one specified for your region are often blacked out.
Yes I understand that but what about BTN is that included in the RSN sports pack ???;)

· Icon
506 Posts
mhowie said:
I really don't understand this logic. You made the switch to HD Absolute, doesn't include RSN, so that somehow makes a better choice? Unless something has changed, they don't have an HD only package with RSNs do they??

upnorth said:
Yes I understand that but what about BTN is that included in the RSN sports pack ???;)
I had the sports pack for a while, it adds a TON of channels, I was quite surprised. Unfortunately all the pro sports are blacked out so it was of little value to me. Not sure about BTN, sorry.

· Icon
719 Posts
upnorth said:
From the TurboHD announcement:
* TurboHD Bronze: $24.99/month or $29.99/month with local channels*
* TurboHD Bronze DishDVR Advantage: $34.99/month; includes core HD package, local channels and a free DVR receiver
* TurboHD Silver: $32.99/month or $37.99/month with local channels*
* TurboHD Silver DishDVR Advantage: $39.99/month; includes core HD package, local channels and a free DVR receiver; Regional Sports Networks where available
* TurboHD Gold: $39.99/month or $44.99/month with locals channels*
* TurboHD Gold DishDVR Advantage: $49.99/month; includes core HD package, local channels and a free DVR receiver; Regional Sports Networks where available
* TurboHD Platinum: $10/month - add TurboHD Platinum to any qualifying package and receive HD channels that do not have corresponding SD channels.

· Godfather
379 Posts
upnorth said:
The Multi Sports Pack (MSP) DOES include the BTN as long as you are:

1 - Outside of the 8-state Big Ten region AND
2 - Subscribe to AT100+ (or higher) AND
3 - Subscribe to the MSP ($5.99 per month)

Minnesota is inside of the 8-state Big Ten region so items 1 & 3 would NOT be applicable. Only item 2 would enter into the discussion.

You may NOT be able to add the MSP UNLESS you subscribe to AT100+ (or higher) in ADDITION to your desired HD-only package. Strange rules. :(

· AllStar
88 Posts
I think it's funny how one person's "issue" with programming packages becomes "Dish is going to lose all it's customers, they are going down fast"

Not everyone feels the same way and the MAJORITY of Dish subscribers out there could care less about many of the topics discussed on this site.

Dish Absolute is $29.99 right??

In order to get RSN through regular packages you need to spend $42.99 without HD, what makes you think that RSN should be included for $29.99?

TurboHD is not the answer, the TurboHD Gold is much more expensive that absolute and only has added RSN and Big Ten if you are in Big Ten area.

I am not sure about Direct, but do they have a $30 HD package that includes RSN?

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.