DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Godfather
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering which RSNs are available in HD in the New York area. I looked on Directv's website and it seems that YES and SNY are available. However somewhere else on the site it showed that Mets games were SD only. THat seemed odd since SNY doesn't really show anything else. Also, it seemed to say that Rangers games were available in HD even though MSG was not. Also, what channels are they on in HD?

Can someone please explain the NYC area RSN in HD mess to me? I'm getting an HR20 put in shortly and I was wondering about this. Thanks.

·
Banned
1,100 Posts
Earl - can you try and get some kind of update from your original source regarding MSG and FSNY which he said was going live in October? Thanks.

·
4 Posts
In the NYC area, RSNs are pretty dismal.

It is hit-and-miss to get a Nets game in HD on YES on Channel 95.
There have been no Knicks or Rangers games via MSG Network that I have seen this season.
SNY only carries Mets games in HD - guess we have to wait till April. Yankees games in HD will be carried through YES.

Otherwise, that's it.

Maybe when the new satellites are up and running, this situation will improve slightly (with YES games, that is). I don't know if MSG and DirecTV have a contract to carry HD games.

·
Hall Of Fame
6,028 Posts
Same question for those of us outside the NYC area who want to see Yankees and Rangers games in HD on YES and MSG via the sports packages. They seems to very often say (on the telecasts) that the games are in HD, but how do we who live outside NYC get them in HD?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.