DBSTalk Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Cool Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This goes to all customers: tall, short, old, young, tootless, braced, bored, dumb, intelligent, rich, poor, dying, quitting, credit-fishing ones

customers are always right as the saying those. And this goes to show that some customers who purchase services in general have the notion that they bought the company including the CEO down to the representative. What gives?

We can look at it that these customers may feel powerful whenever they well scream at the representatives whenever they feel like to. Ask for credits. and If they can't get their way, all hell's gonna break lose and threaten to disconnect and go to another company and do the same thing.

I've had calls where customers complain being treated rudely by representatives. Thing is, on my experience rude representatives are triggered by a stimuli by which the customer is the source.

I really don't get it. I have been done bad by a company before *screwing up my bills* and so forth. But i never had the nerve to scream and ask for freebies. Fish for offers and ask for the world. It just doesnt make sense.

Some customers would actually think that the $39.99 that they pay would buy the soul of the representative and be able to do whatever they please with it. Sell it to the devil perhaps?

We representatives do understand where customers are coming from. But no point of customers being rude.

IMO, if customers refuse to listen, then they don't deserve to be listened at.

I love my job. It pays the bills. Being at custoemr service is great. Service is the great part. But more often than not, not the customers.

I'm also not sure if american customer are generally illiterate, maleducated to have such rude attitude and so forth.

Remember, inorder for have good representatives stay with the company and serve better, they must enjoy the job. Being jaded at an early stage tends to have the representative resent the job, be rude as well and take it on the customers. I do know that you don't like that huh?

work tenure = specialization. Don't be rude please.

CSR here.

·
Hall Of Fame
5,580 Posts
creux said:
This goes to all customers: tall, short, old, young, tootless, braced, bored, dumb, intelligent, rich, poor, dying, quitting, credit-fishing ones

customers are always right as the saying those. And this goes to show that some customers who purchase services in general have the notion that they bought the company including the CEO down to the representative. What gives?

We can look at it that these customers may feel powerful whenever they well scream at the representatives whenever they feel like to. Ask for credits. and If they can't get their way, all hell's gonna break lose and threaten to disconnect and go to another company and do the same thing.

I've had calls where customers complain being treated rudely by representatives. Thing is, on my experience rude representatives are triggered by a stimuli by which the customer is the source.

I really don't get it. I have been done bad by a company before *screwing up my bills* and so forth. But i never had the nerve to scream and ask for freebies. Fish for offers and ask for the world. It just doesnt make sense.

Some customers would actually think that the $39.99 that they pay would buy the soul of the representative and be able to do whatever they please with it. Sell it to the devil perhaps?

We representatives do understand where customers are coming from. But no point of customers being rude.

I love my job. It pays the bills. Being at custoemr service is great. Service is the great part. But more often than not, not the customers.

I'm also not sure if american customer are generally illiterate, maleducated to have such rude attitude and so forth.

Remember, inorder for have good representatives stay with the company and serve better, they must enjoy the job. Being jaded at an early stage tends to have the representative resent the job, be rude as well and take it on the customers. I do know that you don't like that huh?

CSR here.
From the tone of your post your days are numbered as a CSR if you haven't realized it yet.:)

·
Hall Of Fame
1,546 Posts
No offense, but maybe you should actually try to find out why the customer is ticked off and try to fix it before putting a label on the customer as being rude.

If I call and get transferred around 3 or 4 times, on hold for more than an hour, then get disconnected and have to call back and go through the same thing all over, then I tend to get a little cranky. Especially when it is something that should be simple like trying to get a receiver activated.

Most customers are just annoyed when they call in (because something is usually screwed up, or they wouldn't be calling). It's all the crap that they have to put up with to get something fixed that tends to make them rude. Sure there will always be a few that are genuinely rude, but fortunately, they are few and far between.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,137 Posts
creux said:

CSR here.
wow what a release of anger and frustration but in the wrong medium

·
Icon
794 Posts
I agree with the OP. People get way too angry over the little things. You get more out of CSR's if your nice than if your rude.

·
Registered
4,224 Posts
Araxen said:
I agree with the OP. People get way too angry over the little things. You get more out of CSR's if your nice than if your rude.
I agree. I deal with alot of insurance csr's and I have found the nicer you are to them the more help you will get out of them.

·
Hall Of Fame
1,137 Posts
CSR's should be nice whether or not cust is uptight,rude,pig headed or just plain ignorant why cause that what CSR's are paid to do.You knew what you were getting into and yes there are some people out there that will get you agitated but guess what you are never going to talk to that person ever again once you done with them so why not take it one call at a time

I would rather take out any frustration on some ugly covenant on Halo rather than to the world :D

·
Cool Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Araxen said:
That's true. we csrs are better with people who are really nice. customer dont know that

·
Cool Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TigersFanJJ said:
No offense, but maybe you should actually try to find out why the customer is ticked off and try to fix it before putting a label on the customer as being rude.

If I call and get transferred around 3 or 4 times, on hold for more than an hour, then get disconnected and have to call back and go through the same thing all over, then I tend to get a little cranky. Especially when it is something that should be simple like trying to get a receiver activated.

Most customers are just annoyed when they call in (because something is usually screwed up, or they wouldn't be calling). It's all the crap that they have to put up with to get something fixed that tends to make them rude. Sure there will always be a few that are genuinely rude, but fortunately, they are few and far between.
Like I always say "If we had a choice a while ago, we could have answered your call. We have to deal with customers who are on teh queue first"

Ever been on the other end of the line?

·
Cool Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
naijai said:
CSR's should be nice whether or not cust is uptight,rude,pig headed or just plain ignorant why cause that what CSR's are paid to do.You knew what you were getting into and yes there are some people out there that will get you agitated but guess what you are never going to talk to that person ever again once you done with them so why not take it one call at a time

I would rather take out any frustration on some ugly covenant on Halo rather than to the world :D
LOL! i agree. but then again, personal attacks are one things.

My premise is that: we would be able to do more and even go beyond what we are paid for to give excellent customer service.

Customer think that the world owes them. That's what.

·
Cool Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
boba said:
From the tone of your post your days are numbered as a CSR if you haven't realized it yet.:)
It is. I'm thinking of a different approach in life. But then again, im happy now.

Im not saying that all customers are rude. There are a couple of ones that are wonderful and nice. Some even inspire me.

But take out their frustration on us. Which is unfair. Our dignity didn't came with the plan that they are paying...

Don't get us wrong. We're trained well. Some aren't but I can say I'm one of the top ones here. I like customers. They pay my bills.

One less good CSR and more bad ones until customers start changing.

·
AllStar
88 Posts
creux said:
:lol:
I hope you aren't the future customer buying a mirror, because you aren't going to like what you see in the product.

:lol:

·
Cool Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not an american. Sorry to burst your bubble. I don't hate you guys. You guy are great, some are just.,.. <CENSORED>

·
Hall Of Fame
1,546 Posts
creux said:
Ever been on the other end of the line?
No I haven't. I'm the one that actually gets the customer venting face-to-face. Believe me, it's much nicer to hear it over the phone. You can't just ignore it when the person venting can see you.

Call me crazy if you want, but those are usually my best customers. They are really just looking for reassurance that there is someone out there that cares about them and will also get their problem taken care of. By the time I leave, they are usually asking if there is a way to make sure they can get me to come back out if they ever have any other problems. That is what gives me the greatest satisfaction.

You just can't get defensive when talking to someone that is upset. Even over the phone, the customer can sense it and it just makes it worse.

·
Cool Member
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll take that as an insight for angry customers.

Yes. It is a lot nicer to hear the havoc over the phone. Not face to face. But what gives?

Defensive?

·
Legend
100 Posts
Hi,
I may think that some times the customers may be a little over wrought, but most of the time if the customer sees that you are making an effort, and as one sup put "kill them with kindness" most customers will calm down. There are a few that no matter what you do will treat you unkindly. Its all part of the job, if you go on the phones thinking its all sunshine and roses, you should rethink your career path.
I know that I've vented a couple of times here, but, ultimately for a lot of customers thier tv is there recreation, so when there's a problem they will be upset. the problem most of the time isn't the customer, it we csr's have had what we can do for the customers limited further by D*. I for one have a hard time explaining policies that don't make much sence to me. I have found in my time that if you feed into the negativity of the customer, the call will go badly, if I maintain my composure, its only a matter of time before their demeaner will change, unless you offer what you can and the customer wants more, then there is little to be done but apologize, and see what the customer has in mind.
You can't take anything that is said personaly, even though you are the one being yelled at, the customer isn't mad at you, but the situation and even D*. I think I've had my say on this.

CSR here.[/QUOTE]

·
Icon
545 Posts
creux said:

CSR here.
First of all, the OP has a point, the way some people talk down to CSR's (not D* csr's) is shamefull! Ask yourself, how would I talk to this person if it was my mother?

That being said! Some D* CSR's are the worst trained people in the "customer service" business, then if you get someone in an outsorced call center who can barely speak english, then, forget anything I said in the first paragraph, be as rude as possible!!!!

·
Legend
200 Posts
naijai said:

I don't care who you are no one deserves verbal abuse. I took my job as a customer service rep to take care of their directv account, not to be a personal punching bag because they didn't get enough hugs from daddy.
There's no reason why you need to treat anyone less than what you deserve to be treated.
I was on hold with Qwest for 2 hours yesterday before I got my problem resolved. Did I waste my and their time by rambling on for 10 mins that I was on hold for hours and hours? No. You wanna know why? I put myself in the shoes of the reps I was talking to. And guess what? I got $75 of deserved credit. I understand the whole loyalty thing. I feel that I need to be recognised for being with a company for so long. The difference is that I don't demand the recognition and I get what I want 95% of the time.
So no, I didn't take a job to be verbally harassed. I took a job to help people.

·
Godfather
274 Posts
I hear ya, I'm a flight attendant for an airline, need I say more. EVERYONE hates "the airlines" as we take all their money, delay them, personally create bad weather, and give them nothing, oh, and we are all primadonna's that only work 7 days a month, and make 100 grand a year...........yeah right.
Customer service, from both standpoints, the customer and the customer service rep has gone down the toilet, in the last 20 years.
Why did we have to argue to get a rebate and 10bucks off a month for the HR20? everyone gets it anyway? Why must we go thru all these hoops. We did not WANT to aruge with four CSA's simply to get the deal everyone else was getting.
which brings to mind, who actually does pay 300bucks for the HR20? either rich or stupid people I guess.
Dan

·
Legend
200 Posts
iceman2a said:
First of all, the OP has a point, the way some people talk down to CSR's (not D* csr's) is shamefull! Ask yourself, how would I talk to this person if it was my mother?

That being said! Some D* CSR's are the worst trained people in the "customer service" business, then if you get someone in an outsorced call center who can barely speak english, then, forget anything I said in the first paragraph, be as rude as possible!!!!
Now that's the ignorance that I'm talking about. Let's treat people like crap because we can't understand them.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.