Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Cool Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was talking to tier 2 tech support.

We got to tallking about the LAN being active and he said oh yeah...forgot that the release was national...he then said well how were you able to view the recordings on the PC...Ummm I can't...opps.

I probed a little more, chat some and slipped in a ...so when will be able to go from DVR to PC? He said January. I did ask again MRV? (DVR-DVR). He said no, DVR to PC.

Merry Christmas Everyone!

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
I can only think he is confusing it with the PC add-in card, so you can use your PC as a DVR with DirecTV service.

But hey... they don't tell me everything... :D

·
Cool Member
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh he also mentioned that the USB port was going to be activated too.

What's this PC card add on? Is this going into the HR20 or the PC? Wouldn't think they would encorage people opening the HR20.

But if it's for the PC then how do they get around the access card?

·
Hall Of Fame
1,102 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:
I can only think he is confusing it with the PC add-in card, so you can use your PC as a DVR with DirecTV service.

Whatever :p

·
DBSTalk Club Member
721 Posts
Earl Bonovich said:

Any news on when that may be coming? Will we eventually be able to get rid of the box, and just use a PC for everything?

·
Lifetime Achiever
30,092 Posts
nevetsgne said:
Oh he also mentioned that the USB port was going to be activated too.

What's this PC card add on? Is this going into the HR20 or the PC? Wouldn't think they would encorage people opening the HR20.

But if it's for the PC then how do they get around the access card?
Slip Jigs said:
Any news on when that may be coming? Will we eventually be able to get rid of the box, and just use a PC for everything?
Is a card for the PC, to allow DirecTV programming to be included in PC based media software/dvr applications.

As for "when", no eta yet. Hopefully more will be learned at CES and early 07

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.